• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is me.... This is the start of my journey

I decided to call the hospital today. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
I have not gone up to panel and I'm not on the list. I wanted to cry, but the lady says but you have a appointment in a few weeks. I said, yea I know but my letter says I have to go to the panel.

The silly woman asks meeeeeeee what my appointment is for? Errrrrrrrr I thought you would be able to tell me. She asks who referred me, i told her. She responds, oh that's who your appointment is with. Round of applause to her (sorry).

She says, she's not sure whether I need to have my appointment and then go to panel or whether I can go to panel first. She will request notes and update me next week.

I'm so frustrated, the unknown is killing me.

Try not to worry, sometimes they do things in a funny order!

After referral I went to a seminar and had an appointment with the dietician and bariatric nurse last oct/nov. It should have gone to mdt panel after that but when I saw the consultant in July I still hadn't been discussed at the mdt - much to the surgeons surprise. He referred me for an endoscopy anyway and said I would go to the panel 'soon'. A couple of weeks later I got a letter saying my case had been discussed and agreed. So it didn't happen in the usual way but the end result was the same :)

Don't know who your appointment is with but I'm sure if things haven't gone through by then they will take it in hand.

Keep the faith and try not to worry, you will get there x

Thanks Su2ie I just want to scream.

The Dr did say, if I don't have a date before she will be able to give me one on our next appointment. Maybe I'm being overly eager, but when paperwork state a different step it does make you think am I gonna get bad news?

I know, I was exactly the same, thought that there must be a reason and was paranoid they would refuse me.

It all came together in the end though as I'm having my op next Friday :)

Stay positive :)

Oh hun how frustrating!!! I have been driving my hubby mad since my endo referred me. He had an endo appointment two days before mine and got a letter for his treatment (ok, its not a referral but still!) last week but I'm still waiting on anything from mine. Arghhh!

Try to distract yourself. I know its impossible!

Oh hun how frustrating!!! I have been driving my hubby mad since my endo referred me. He had an endo appointment two days before mine and got a letter for his treatment (ok, its not a referral but still!) last week but I'm still waiting on anything from mine. Arghhh! Try to distract yourself. I know its impossible!

It's been 3 weeks since I got letter from surgeon, 2 since my last appointments and another 18 days 22 hours until my next appointment. I have been trying to distract myself but it's soooooo hard.

So your husband has his letter is that for surgery or to start the process?

He's gettimg some injection thing instead of surgery. we were both in endocrinology together (him with low testosterone, me with pcos and epic weight lol) so his is entirely different. I just kinda hoped that id get my letter and referral as quick as they did for his injections. Im so impatient! *stamps feet*

I bet 18days is feeling like a lifetime haha xx

Starduck, 18days is feeling like 18 months maybe even years lol. Soon I will be able to laugh about it, but like you I'm stomping feet and kicking things. I want to message my dietician but I dunno........

Omg your more impatient than me, if hubby is only getting injections of course he will hear sooner lol.

What are you thinking of having?

It took me about a month to get the answer, but I was expecting 6 months, so mine was a surprise that I was not 100% mentally ready for.

Congrats Hun, what surgery you having?

Having a bypass and feeling really scared at the moment!

The waiting sucks and it feels like forever, from referral to surgery has taken just over a year for me but trust me since I got my date for surgery I've been thinking 'blinkin eck its all going a bit fast!'

Having a bypass and feeling really scared at the moment! The waiting sucks and it feels like forever, from referral to surgery has taken just over a year for me but trust me since I got my date for surgery I've been thinking 'blinkin eck its all going a bit fast!'

Oh honey, when's a your date? Don't be scared, consider it the start of a new journey where you can experience so many new things.

Dr told me it should take approx 8 months, I think it's 4/5 since the start

The dietician emailed me today. She said I could be waiting another 4 weeks to go to panel but do not panic. She also said, because I was referred by Dr Bano I need to see her at my next appointment, which is now 14 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes.

Lol, I sound like a nutter watching the clock, sorry guys

The dietician emailed me today. She said I could be waiting another 4 weeks to go to panel but do not panic. She also said, because I was referred by Dr Bano I need to see her at my next appointment, which is now 14 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes. Lol, I sound like a nutter watching the clock, sorry guys

Not at all. I set a countdown timer on my phone to start LSD and for my surgery date. I kept checking it too. Ha.

:happy036:Soooooo after sitting down in the clinic for near enough 2hrs, I finally have a update. I saw Dr Bano's registrar who confirmed (after speaking with Dr Bano) that I had been accepted for surgery and now have to await a date.:happy036:

They sent me for blood tests and discharged me from the clinic as I know longer need to see them.

I met a lovely lady at the clinic who kindly advised me to call the surgeons secretary to see how long the list is. I called and was told, your definitely on the list but not for surgery, you need to see the psychiatrist first and the next available appointments are March 2015. I was dumbstruck, no one mentioned this at my appointment and now I have to wait another 4 months just to speak with someone.

I don't know if I was expecting too much, I am just really fed up of being in absolute pain. I can't belive the psychiatrist only sees 3 cases a week.

I suppose I received some good news today, so I'm sorry if it seems like im moaning. Has anyone else had to do this?:break_diet:

Back