• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is me.... This is the start of my journey

UPDATE; I received a response from the dietician today and she said ......Most likely your medical file was screened again (which is normal) and that you scored high on the patient health questionnaire which warrants a psychology appointment. It is part of our assessment process requirement.

I'm not sure what questionnaire she's on about, however I am going to be positive about this situation and patiently wait. Well maybe not patiently (may bug them soon) looool

UPDATE; I received a response from the dietician today and she said ......Most likely your medical file was screened again (which is normal) and that you scored high on the patient health questionnaire which warrants a psychology appointment. It is part of our assessment process requirement. I'm not sure what questionnaire she's on about, however I am going to be positive about this situation and patiently wait. Well maybe not patiently (may bug them soon) looool

Maybe ring and see if you can get a cancelation date?.... And see if you can revise what to say and what not to say if that is indeed possible lol. It's getting closer for you now though! :)

Called the hospital and they said no cancellations, try again in December. Sooo I'm just waiting, whilst being abused by insensitive staff and acquaintances. March just feels like years away........not had a good day today

Called the hospital and they said no cancellations, try again in December. Sooo I'm just waiting, whilst being abused by insensitive staff and acquaintances. March just feels like years away........not had a good day today

Aww bless you Hun!.... So sorry you have had a rotten day!... Chin up! It will come soon enough!.. Next time you call leave your number and if your able to, say you could go in at short notice if they get someone cancelling.... This time of year they may get people calling in sick etc. :)

Aww bless you Hun!.... So sorry you have had a rotten day!... Chin up! It will come soon enough!.. Next time you call leave your number and if your able to, say you could go in at short notice if they get someone cancelling.... This time of year they may get people calling in sick etc. :)
good luck

Update for those interested.

I called the hospital to see if I can get a cancellation and they said the chances are very slim :(

My Endo called this morning to give my blood results' which are fine. She asked whether I had received a surgery date, I said no just a letter to see the psych, she said oh no, you should have a date by now, I will chase. Maybe, this is a good sign let's see what happens in the next week or so.

Update for those interested. I called the hospital to see if I can get a cancellation and they said the chances are very slim :( My Endo called this morning to give my blood results' which are fine. She asked whether I had received a surgery date, I said no just a letter to see the psych, she said oh no, you should have a date by now, I will chase. Maybe, this is a good sign let's see what happens in the next week or so.

Good luck x

I been silent for a while, I really didn't have much to update.

Soooo today, I was approached by a fellow gastric gander (who I know, but is unaware of my journey). She said 'OMG why are you so fat? You have put on soooooo much weight'. She then went into a major story about her journey and then noticed I had a enlarged thyroid. She advised that her journey had started similar to mine (still unaware of my current journey) and I shouldn't remain quiet and I should chase dr's, hospitals etc.

I walked away feeling so upset, but then called the hospital to see if anyone had cancelled.

I was then told, I will be contacted last week of January as they are bringing all appointments forward and mine should be re-scheduled for February. I was so frigging relieved, I can't wait to receive a surgery date because the wait is excruciating.

What a very unkind person, take no notice of their unkind comments, there is no need. You will get a date soon and then you will be on the fast train with no return ticket. You will be surprised just how quick it will go and then you will be on here telling us all about your success. :)

What a very unkind person, take no notice of their unkind comments, there is no need. You will get a date soon and then you will be on the fast train with no return ticket. You will be surprised just how quick it will go and then you will be on here telling us all about your success. :)

Your right, people are so insensitive. My journey will begin very soon, fingers crossed.

Thank you hun xx

Called hospital (again) today. Appointments not being brought forward. Lady was helpful and explained what is going on.

Basically I've not been approved yet, despite letters saying I have. I need to speak to psychiatrist first. If she's ok, I go to panel then I'm on waiting list. Which at the moment is supposed to be short.

She said be patient, it will happen and she don't see why I would be refused when everyone so far has said yes.

So I've decided I'm not calling back I'm just going to wait until my appointment in march.

Sighs

Called hospital (again) today. Appointments not being brought forward. Lady was helpful and explained what is going on.

Basically I've not been approved yet, despite letters saying I have. I need to speak to psychiatrist first. If she's ok, I go to panel then I'm on waiting list. Which at the moment is supposed to be short.

She said be patient, it will happen and she don't see why I would be refused when everyone so far has said yes.

So I've decided I'm not calling back I'm just going to wait until my appointment in march.

Sighs

Wow this sounds epic....did they say why the psychiatry only sees the a week??

Back