• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time for another confession

about 2 days :D they were the wrong size and the wrinkled round my ankles which hurt. I was on holiday with my friend who's a physio and she said they'd do more harm than good the wrong size and so long as I was mobile I'd be fine.

I wore them the full 2 weeks but some days I would "forget" to put the back on after my shower for a few hours! I hated those darn things :mad: but I didn't want to risk a problem.

If you have rash, you might want to try some baby powder, it might help. It is only a few more days for you but I KNOW how miserable they are...;)

I didnt wear them from the day after my op when I left hospital. I wipped them off straight away and just done foot and leg exercises like I would on a plane to keep the circulation going and I was very mobile so I didnt worry. They rolled under my knee and cut in, couldnt deal with that, blasted things!

Thanks girls, slept with them off last night and the rash is improving will keep them off today and put them back on at bedtime...xx

lol, WHEN I HAD SURGERY IN THE PAST I LOVED MY STOCKINGS, THEY STOPPED MY LEGS FROM WOBBLING LOL
IM A NURSE AS WELL AS A MIDWIFE IM ONLY TELLING YOU THIS SO U KNOW MY INFORMATION IS CORRECT (HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE) tO HAVE STOCKINGS ON THAT ARE THE WRONG SIZE OR HAVE ANY WRINKLES IN WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD THEY HAVE TO FIT PERFECTLEY, iF YOU ARE UP AND MOBILE THEN THE RISK OF dEEP vEIN tHROMBOSIS IS REDUCED SO IF YOU NOT GOING TO WEAR THEM KEEP MOVING ABOUT AND WHEN SAT DOWN DO SOME GENTLE FOOT AND LEG EXERCISES TO KEEP THE CIRCULATION MOVING, IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ASK SOMEONE TO RE MEASURE AND TRY A DIFFERENT PAI.

(DONT KNOW WHY IM WRITING IN CAPITALS, JUST REALISED , SORRY)

hELEN
XXXXX

Hi Helen, I was measured for my stockings and found them very comfortable just started with the itching yesterday and it was driving me mad. I am actually quite attached to the stockings and feel strange without them now....lol...xx

i slung mine in the bin on way out of the hospital lol

I only wore stockings for two days after the op, and wasn't advised to keep wearing them once i went home. In fact they took the ones i had been wearing and didn't give me another pair to take home. As far as i knew, it was only important to wear them in hospital cause you aren't up and about.

Noticed my skin has gone very dry so using extra lotion. They have stopped itching now thankfully. The nurse told me they like people to wear them for SIX weeks but she said they know folk dont but to try for two...I think I will manage without now as I am pretty active around the house...xx

I almost choked when I read in my discharge sheets that I was to wear them for 6 weeks - noooooooooooooo way. I checked my doc instructions and he only asked for 2 weeks which I thought was a lifetime. Instructions on them says no lotion btw:(. There seems to be no consistancy between instructions so anything goes!

Hope you stop itching soon.:D

Back