• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stockings

Ouch!

I have been told that after my surgery I will have to wear the stockings for two weeks and also stab myself i think twice a day for two weeks. ( i am waiting for my date to come through for surgery)

Six weeks of the :censored: things as well as the injections :(

wow. Am starting to think maybe i took them off too early, but I'm mobile so I'm sure its ok.

as for the injections, two more to go!

I was told to wear the stockings for 72 hours after discharge but stopped after 48 hours. Have been mobile since day 1 with no other health issues so felt it was OK to remove them. Also had injections for the 2 nights in hospital but was told I did not need these after discharge.

sounds like you did well :)

I was told stockings for six weeks. I kept that up but if I was out and about walking I didn't but if sitting about or over night they were on. I only had the jabs for the days I was in hospital - they stung like a b*stard!

amazing these ops work. The more I read other peoples stories the more I realise we are all being told different stories. It is like each surgeon makes it up for themselves.

2 hours post op. They were too tight so surgeon removed them and put squishy inflatable things on me that would squish and then relax. Then as I was in my feet quite quickly post op I didn't have anything after 24 hours.

i had those squishy things on as well for the first 24 hours!

I wanted to take the squishy things home with me .. My own private masseuse :)

I loved those massage squishy things on my legs.

I made sure I kept them longer... Used the no TV boring ward, no sleep due to a snorer being next to me as an excuse to stay in bed and get my legs massaged hehehe xx :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

same here lilac.

interesting image Dave...!

Back