• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally broken (not 'wls' related)

OH NO!! Liz. i didn't even know of wls surgery until i got this website last month lol.

yes we will be able to get the funding for treatment or surgery. I have already checked it out before asking the GP for referral. Also i am going through fertility treatment and had no problems with any type of fundings yet. No, i came here as a student and now on a residents permit. people who stays here more than 6 months or 1 year are elligible for free treatment and i have been here for 5 years now.

I'm guessing that you should be in a position now to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK if you wanted to?. I realise this is a personal question farzu so please don't feel obliged to give any answer here on the open site. :) xx

ok :rolleyes:

Entitlement to free NHS treatment in the UK is based on the country of residence and not citizenship. The general rule is that all UK residents are entitled to free treatment.

Entitlement to free NHS treatment in the UK is based on the country of residence and not citizenship. The general rule is that all UK residents are entitled to free treatment.

Yep, that's correct farzu :)

AHH OK

Hi Farzu

Have you asked the job centre for advice on writing your CV when you are applying for work? Also, what type field is your degree in and what types of job are you applying for ? When they ask for a photo they only expect a headshot like your passport photo so I doubt this is the reason for your lack of success so far, it may just be something simple like the way you are wording your CV or matching the job specification with your work experience.

The job centre will be able to help you with this.

Unfortunately the amount of rent you are being asked for by your relative is quite cheap for the city, so it may be hard for you to find anywhere that is any cheaper. Try to negotiate calmly with your relative regarding the rent.

To privately rent a one bedroom flat privately is a minimum of about 200 pound a week if you are lucky with council tax and bills on top. Social housing is roughly half the cost but in very short supply as I am sure you are aware.

Please don't take this the wrong way Farzu, but your on an emotional rollercoaster at the moment and you are probably having mood swings all over the place, if you are having suicidal thought maybe you need to go back and see your gp and tell them this.

Take care

Hi Farzu

Have you asked the job centre for advice on writing your CV when you are applying for work? Also, what type field is your degree in and what types of job are you applying for ? When they ask for a photo they only expect a headshot like your passport photo so I doubt this is the reason for your lack of success so far, it may just be something simple like the way you are wording your CV or matching the job specification with your work experience.

The job centre will be able to help you with this.

Unfortunately the amount of rent you are being asked for by your relative is quite cheap for the city, so it may be hard for you to find anywhere that is any cheaper. Try to negotiate calmly with your relative regarding the rent.

To privately rent a one bedroom flat privately is a minimum of about 200 pound a week if you are lucky with council tax and bills on top. Social housing is roughly half the cost but in very short supply as I am sure you are aware.

Please don't take this the wrong way Farzu, but your on an emotional rollercoaster at the moment and you are probably having mood swings all over the place, if you are having suicidal thought maybe you need to go back and see your gp and tell them this.

Take care

Great ideas and advice swizzlestick! :D:D:D

farzu, obviously your country do not provide free health care, is this part of what brought you to the uk ?

I am not clued up on all this citizenships business........but why have u not been made a permanent resident after 5 years???? Hope its ok to ask farzu

all the best - mejulie xx

farzu, good luck with what ever the out come i hope you get what you want x

My subject of study is business administration. I used to work for Argos and EDF Energy before. I left EDF evergy as i had to go to different places every week for job. I don't have a car and going to different places used to cut my energy down to zero. In argos they have a very bad policy for contract hours. they only sign contract for 4 hours a week, so they might give me more hours but if they don't then no one can say anything as the contract hours are less. They also don't have any fixed rota, all they want is flexible and very very flexible. they gave me 1 h 45 mins for 5 days a week for 2 months and thats also between 3 to 5 pm. I am looking for a simple office admin job as i also have experience in this field.

Thanks for the advice you all. I know its very hard to find a cheap house but i don't think so anyone would like to pay around £750 per month inc bills for only a double room in a shared house. people are becoming pirates day by day lol.

liz and julie, basically this is the rule of this country or any countries of the EU that u have to live here for 10 years to apply for citizenship. As i came here as a student 5 years ago and nearly finished my studies, there are 2 options, 1, apply for highly skilled migrant program 2. study here. either way i have to be here for 10 years. so i will be able to apply for citizenship after another 5 years. Its not the funding brought me here. I was trying for a baby for last 2/3 years and been refered to fertility clinic. after doing all the tests (for both of us) all the results came back normal. Only the problem is my weight. The doc said infornt of my hubby that if i don't loose weight i won't be able to have a baby and they won't do any treatment. It just destryoed our relationship. Thats the reason i started searching for weight loss surgery. In the mean time i had other peoblems like high BP and now diabetes. When i searched for pregnancy after wls i found many many many positive results and thats the reason i want this surgery so bad.

Farzana ,

i never implied it was the funding that brought u here, i was just trying to understand why it had taken so long for residency etc...........as i stated previously.....i am not clued up on all of this stuff etc................

Hope it all pans out for you - all the best - mejulie xx

good luck hope it works out

Hi, sorry you are feeling low - if you feel suicidal or deeply depressed you can phone the Samaritans or you can e-mail them. Just google to find it. It is free and confidential.

Back