• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally broken (not 'wls' related)

Wishing you all the best.. i went to the CAB not long ago when i was having difficulty understanding everything regarding housing and stuff.. they were amazingly helpful, and even helped with stuff i hadnt even asked about.. as a result i came away with a much clearer picture of what to do..
Reeeally hope you get it all sorted..
x x x x x

The CAB have helped me too so would defnately suggest you give them a visit

Good luck

Irene xx

hello, i didnt mean to come across offencive in my other posts,and if i did i appoligise to you personaly farzu, i hope you get sorted out soon and things work out for both you and your husband.
good luck !

liz x

Wishing you all the best.. i went to the CAB not long ago when i was having difficulty understanding everything regarding housing and stuff.. they were amazingly helpful, and even helped with stuff i hadnt even asked about.. as a result i came away with a much clearer picture of what to do..
Reeeally hope you get it all sorted..
x x x x x

Glad you had a positive experience with CAB as well Kitteh. They do amazing work as a charitable agency and in my experience will always find an avenue of support one way or another without judgement.

Lacey :)

The CAB have helped me too so would defnately suggest you give them a visit

Good luck

Irene xx

Me too Irene when I have needed support and advice in the past. I refer a lot of my clients to CAB as I have always had such positive feedback afterwards about how respectful and understanding they were of the situation.

Lacey x :)

hello, i didnt mean to come across offencive in my other posts,and if i did i appoligise to you personaly farzu, i hope you get sorted out soon and things work out for both you and your husband.
good luck !

liz x

Oh no Liz, I never mentioned i was offencded in any of my posts. i always believe that everyone is different and have their own views and curisities, so their is nothing wrong in asking questions. You don't have to apologized as you haven't said anything wrong to me. Thanks for all the countless advices u gave me so far.

Oh no Liz, I never mentioned i was offencded in any of my posts. i always believe that everyone is different and have their own views and curisities, so their is nothing wrong in asking questions. You don't have to apologized as you haven't said anything wrong to me. Thanks for all the countless advices u gave me so far.

thankyou for your reply farzu, i should of worded my curiosities better, i was out of order with my choice of wording as some members pointed out.
:copon:if im out of order which i was i will be the 1st to say sorry.:hug99:

liz x

I AGREE

hi everybody
the cab was very very helpful to me last year when my marriage split up.
I was in debt and they got the payments right down thanks to the cab.
Here are a few more emails that may be able to help you farzu .
Margaret xx

housing justice , housing justice - housing justice home page

north london action for the homeless . nlah - north london action for the homeless

european anti poverty network . www.eapn.org/code/en/hp.asp

crisis . crisis

charities direct . charities-direct.com

i agree marg. They did the same to me when i had financial diffulties ...few that was 15-20 years ago....legally they will let farzu know where she stands........

All the best - me julie xx

Hi Everybody
The CAB was very very helpful to me last year when my marriage split up.
I was in debt and they got the payments right down thanks to the CAB.
Here are a few more emails that may be able to help you Farzu .
MARGARET XX

Housing Justice , Housing Justice - Housing Justice home page

North London Action for the Homeless . NLAH - North London Action for the Homeless

European Anti Poverty Network . www.eapn.org/code/en/hp.asp

Crisis . Crisis

Charities Direct . charities-direct.com

Thanks for the links margaret. it will definately help me a lot dear.

Hi Farzu, so sorry to hear you're having a difficult time at the moment. Have you thought about moving to a different area? Maybe if it is possible for you to move out of London you'll be able to get cheaper accomodation with better standards for you and your hubby. Just a thought because housing is really expensive down there. Hope you get it sorted soon because no-one deserves to be treated this way.At the end of the day we are all human, no matter where we come from we should all be treated respectfully and allowed our dignity to stay in tact. Good luck xx Gaynor xx

Am I the only person who is offended by this comment? Am I a strain on the NHS too as they are funding my operation?

Quite frankly, Farzu posted this thread for advice on her housing situation, and some people have ignored her predicament and instead questioned her motives for being in the UK.

Farzu has stated that she has been here 5 years, has a visa, is a student and looking for work. She is not illegal. She is not "scrounging" benefits she is not entitled to.

Could we try to be a little more supportive please.

You are being ridiculous...re-read 'my' thread and don't make my post out to be offensive because it was not...Why are you trying to incite trouble?...Some here have asked direct questions and it is patronising to assume that Farzu would be too offended to answer.

I am not going to justify myself to you...but I have been just as supportive to Farzu's plight as anyone else...And I would help anyone who genuinely needs it.

If 'someone' was coming to this country for treatment and did not want to contribute then they should not be entitled to it...I will stand by that. I have (lots of different nationalities at Uni had the same dilema) friends who have gone down the student route and I happen to know how it works.

I hope that puts an end to it.......

Farzu - I thought £650 was a reasonable amount for renting a 3bedroom house in london. I know you dont have access to one of the bedrooms (if ive read that right) I still think its quite good. But it sounds like u need CAB advice like the others have said, and properly draw up a rental agreement.

I think after paying taxes & NI for 5 years, and now not able to claim any benefits back when u really need them is very unfair. Especially when there are others who come into the country and are given EVERYTHING. But thats another story! lol. Good luck, and i hope everything works out for u x

I am originally an American citizen but am now also a British citizen. The time you have spent here as a student will count towards your time in order to apply for citizenship or Indefinite Leave to Remain. After 5 years, you should be apply to apply as I have numerous friends who are now on ILR/permanent residency after 5 years here on either work permits or student visas.

As far as employment and housing goes, it is a very tough market at the moment. My husband is self employed and finding work is very difficult and he will have to most likely take lower pay and travel more in order to find work. The rent you are paying sounds about the norm to rent a room in London. My husband normally rents rooms wherever his work is and he has never paid less than £700 in London.

Good luck and I would definitely contact the CAB. Also, look into the ability to obtain ILR or citizenship as employers will find it difficult to employ someone that they cannot guarantee won't be forced to leave the country.

Good luck and I would definitely contact the CAB. Also, look into the ability to obtain ILR or citizenship as employers will find it difficult to employ someone that they cannot guarantee won't be forced to leave the country.

I am requesting an end to this part of the debate now please regarding legal status in the UK & funding on the NHS.
If any member has any grievance relating to any post on this thread then kindly report it to Admin & Moderators immediately.
It is a breach of Minimins policy to make any post that can inflame situations.

Many Thanks,

Isis

Back