• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamin D Deficiency.

A.Positive

My latest blood work revealed that I have a very low vitamin D level at 21nmo/L with a slight elevation in parathyroid hormone.

I of course Googled this (I will speak with my GP as possible) but I am now a tad worried.

Has anyone has similar results that were corrected with a high does of Cholecalciferol weekly x 8 (as advised by my Bariatric team)?

I am pre-op.

Its quite common for us to have low vitamin d preop although the majority not low enough for it to be an issue for the op. I wouldn't worry too much, but just make sure if you're worried you do talk to your team and ask for a detailed explanation.

My Vit D levels were 12 pre op. normal therapeutic range is between 50 and 75. I was referred to an endocrinologist, who recommended me to buy 5000iu of vit d3 from amazon and take 1 a day. I'd been taking prescribed d3 for a year and my levels had only gone up by 3 points.

Within 3 months my levels were back within normal range and have stayed that way ever since.

Ditto for me, mine were 10 in April this year and 15 in July. No probs ref surgery. I am on a disgusting orange flavoured oil 3 times a day. Plus Adcal D3 which I'm not very regular at taking.

Back