• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Was it worth it?

I'm not sure it's will power that's needed as much as a completely new mind-set.
I know this VERY frustrating for us......but in my opinion (and forgive me because obviously I don't know all the facts in the individual cases) and there IS such a thing as CHRONIC GREED......even though it's not pc to say so.......

but don't these people need prolonged psychological intervention BEFORE any more surgery is considered?

Because the are clearly self-sabotaging, BIG-TIME and YES, chronic greed could be the cause.....but there may be other underlying factors not yet addressed?

The GB is just the tool. You still have to watch what you eat and your portion sizes. I eat as though I am on a diet, I dont touch Bread, fat, sugar, meat etc. I put myself through alot to get where I am today, and there is NO way I would be so stupid as to try and stretch my pouch for the sake of eatin fish n chips or chocolate etc. you either embrace it, or not. the latter would be foolish.

I'm not sure it's will power that's needed as much as a completely new mind-set.
I know this VERY frustrating for us......but in my opinion (and forgive me because obviously I don't know all the facts in the individual cases) and there IS such a thing as CHRONIC GREED......even though it's not pc to say so.......

but don't these people need prolonged psychological intervention BEFORE any more surgery is considered?

Because the are clearly self-sabotaging, BIG-TIME and YES, chronic greed could be the cause.....but there may be other underlying factors not yet addressed?

Good point Charis, well made. I wonder if they are using after care properly? Also why they aren't asking for help (psych or otherwise) before they are out of control. It's all an emotive subject really.

But SRH are cancelling operations, increasing waiting times etc. But then allowing someone to have 3 bands & now a bypass! Fair enough if the bands failed due to medical probs etc. but this girl blatantly overeats!!

Yes, its annoying seeing her do it but I put a lot of the blame onto SRH. Why aren't they counselling this girl? Why aren't they looking at why the bands haven't worked?

In my opinion it doesn't matter what op she has she will continue to over eat, for whatever reason, until that issue is addressed.

I do believe after my op I will need a completely new mind set but I also believe that it will take willpower not to fall back into old habits.

Back