• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What shall I take to hospital ??

cathykats

Hi all hope you are all well?

I'm wondering what to take with me to hospital!?

I've got my PJ's & toiletries but what else do I take?

Only 2 more sleeps and I'm sooo nervous! :)

Cathy xx

Hi all hope you are all well?

I'm wondering what to take with me to hospital!?

I've got my PJ's & toiletries but what else do I take?

Only 2 more sleeps and I'm sooo nervous! :)

Cathy xx
dry mouth spray
lip balm
ipod?
phone and charger
books, mags
if i think of any more i'll post them lol good luck honey :) xxx

Hi cathy you must be so excited, here is my list of whats already in my bag ready even though I have a little while to my surgery.

2 Pairs loose PJs
Dressing gown
Slippers
Underwear
Bed socks
Lip balm
Baby wipes
Dettol wipes
Hand wash
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouth wash
Deodorant
Travel shampoo & conditioner
Travel shower gel (simple brand)
NAS Juice
Phone and charger
Pillow

I think I'm going to take my bariatric cookbook to plan my meals. Xx

Last edited:
Thank you Caren. Where can I buy dry mouth spray? I asked befor in sainsburys but they said I would need to get it from my GP . xx

oh yeah, apparently a pillow for the journey home is invaluable x

Thank you Caren. Where can I buy dry mouth spray? I asked befor in sainsburys but they said I would need to get it from my GP . xx
im sure you can get it from a chemist x

All I'm taking is;

Pj's
Slippers
Toiletries including dry shampoo.
DS and games, was invaluable during the 7 hour wait on hard chair in waiting room.
Magazine
Book
Mobile and charger
Lip salve
Hand and body lotion.
NAS barley water.
Hair brush

Am thinking about adding some bed socks and gloves lol.

Thanks Mrs Quiggle! I'm going to pack my bag when my hubby gets in from work :) .

How are you feeling now? I'm really nervous but excited at the same time.

And this pre op diet is killing me!!! I've cheated only the once on Friday night I cooked fish fingers , roast potatoes & mixed veg in gravy for my kiddies and I couldn't help my self I had 4 roasties 2 fish fingers & tbs of mixed veg .
That's a small portion for me! lol xxxx

I'm taking my Kindle and my pda, and a loose dress for going home so it doesn't rub on the dressings. Also slip-on sandals as bending to do up buckles will probably be tricky.
Kate's list looks comprehensive enough, but I'll add a towel and tissues.

Good luck for Tuesday ladies!

Boots do a dry mouth spray. I found it really useful. Especially when i had the oxygen thingy up nose! That made my mouth really dry. X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

amy_m said:
Hi cathy you must be so excited, here is my list of whats already in my bag ready even though I have a little while to my surgery.

2 Pairs loose PJs
Dressing gown
Slippers
Underwear
Bed socks
Lip balm
Baby wipes
Dettol wipes
Hand wash
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouth wash
Deodorant
Travel shampoo & conditioner
Travel shower gel (simple brand)
NAS Juice
Phone and charger
Pillow

I think I'm going to take my bariatric cookbook to plan my meals. Xx
Don't forget a towel X

I forgot I had a towel in there, just a hand one as I know they provide towels. Tissues too, they're in my toiletries bag.

I'm excited, not stressed like I was before last time at this stage. I think I'm more anxious about it getting cancelled again this time rather than the op. I was terribly nervous right up till the night before when it all went and in the morning I was totally calm just excited. I have an idea why that was though.

What time do you have to be at the hospital. We have to be there at 7am which means getting up at 5.30am to have a shower. Luckily the hospital is only 15 mins drive that early in the morning.

Everytime ive had to go into hospital ive always took a plastic bag so i can pop my underwear in when i take them off save them falling out the bag when im routeing around in there looking for my lip balm or something!....lol

Also great idea about the slip on shoes il be remembering that one....

My pre ops are 24/29th of November and im predicted to have surgery before xmas so i need to get my bag and act together,Ive bought a big huge hoody to wear when I come home so it doesn't rub on my scar...Il be checking back on this to see what great idea's you all come up with x

My pillow was the best thing i took with me. Used it whilst I was in hospital and was a definited for the journey home. I didnt even use my own nighties had to stick to the hospital gowns due to cathether in situ and drips etc.
Took my laptop but didnt use it as didnt feel 100%. My mobile didnt work in my room. Definitely take someloose clothing to go home with and pair of slip on sandals/shoes as previously said you dont want to be bending fiddling with buckles or laces. xx

Back