• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why am i putting weight on????

At my seminar we were told if a lady who had a sleeve. A week or so after the op she decided she fancied a cheese sandwich ....... she ended up in intensive care when it caused the new joins to burst open

Sorry hun but you are risking the same thing. The liquids, puree and softs stage arnt a form of punishment they are there to protect us while our insides heal up nicely

At my seminar we were told if a lady who had a sleeve. A week or so after the op she decided she fancied a cheese sandwich ....... she ended up in intensive care when it caused the new joins to burst open Sorry hun but you are risking the same thing. The liquids, puree and softs stage arnt a form of punishment they are there to protect us while our insides heal up nicely

That's just scary...why on earth would this lady do that?...I just don't get it

I heard a horror story. Someone binged/ate too quickly so badly, that she ended up in intensive care and a surgeon was literally picking food out of her sleeve staple line! The surgeon had no option but to convert to bypass and the woman was hospitalised until soft food stage!

It may just be a horror story but it's enough to stop me having and extra spoon of chilli until a few hours have passed! xx

I also think it's completely disgusting that a hospital has given you this surgery, not provided you with the aftercare BEFORE you had the surgery. So you were clear on what you had to do!! And checked with you when you were actually in hospital!

St Mary's gave me an information overload!! And on the day of the op I was given a quiz to complete about my aftercare. And when the surgeon came to see me he asked me questions such as how long are you on liquid only? How long on purée? Before he discharged me to check I did my research and read the books. They also gave me another diet book with my discharge information.

I would contact them via email and complain and request information ASAP! Or go into the hospital and refuse to leave until someone saw me!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's just scary...why on earth would this lady do that?...I just don't get it

I have no idea what she was thinking but she clearly wasnt ready for the surgery.
Our hospital while im frustrated by the after care at times did prepare us.
At the seminar stage we were given print outs of the discussions of the different ops and the different stages and on discharge i recieved another booklet on what to eat and when so i would say this woman had phycological issues around eating and impulse control that would have been better being worked out pre surgery.

Thanks for replys I'm following purree stage and have been since this post but still no weight loss and I no you keep saying dnt get weighed and I lasted four days and thought hopefully I would loose today and I haven't. It's extremely hard, I've always had an issue with scales maybe I should chuck them away??? Now there's a thought haha. Thanks again for taking your time in replying to me x

Thanks for replys I'm following purree stage and have been since this post but still no weight loss and I no you keep saying dnt get weighed and I lasted four days and thought hopefully I would loose today and I haven't. It's extremely hard, I've always had an issue with scales maybe I should chuck them away??? Now there's a thought haha. Thanks again for taking your time in replying to me x

I dont own any scales as I got to the point in the past of weighing myself before and after every time I went to the toilet.
Now I weigh myself once a month at boots and keep my little print outs

Have you posted a food diary for us?

No I haven't but a typical day is like today .... Breakfast banana dinner scrambled egg and tea blended chicken and potato along with my vitamin tablet and lanzoprazole x

No I haven't but a typical day is like today .... Breakfast banana dinner scrambled egg and tea blended chicken and potato along with my vitamin tablet and lanzoprazole x

A banana is pretty solid. Are you mashing it first? What are you drinking during the day? I suspect you need to eat more often - aim for six times a day.

at the puree stage i had

breakfast : tablespoon of ready break, runny
snack : half a banana blended with milk
lunch : couple tablespoons worth of blended chicken and veg
snack : 2 laughing cow light triangles
dinner : couple tablespoons worth of blended cottage pie
snack : half a weetabix made sloppy with milk

Yes I mash banana up with fork then chew lots before swallowing I also drink lots of flavoured low calorie water. Ok I will aim for more portions of stuff throughout day thanks x

Ditch the flavoured water would be my guess. Is it the fizzy stuff? Most flavoured waters have added sugar. How much would you say you drink?

With Sunderland hospital . I'm sure I'll get there eventually x
Hi Summer, i was with Sunderland and had strict instructions to stick to a puree diet for four weeks post surgery, then slowly introduce softer foods. Were you given any literature on discharge from the ward - i have got a guide sheet on what to eat and what not to eat which i can send over? Keep with it though - it will be worth it in the end. Sarah

Just a small standard sized bottle. I rang them few days ago and they sent sheet out to me with what I should be doing and apologised for me being missed off the list and blame me having the op on a Friday and being discharged on a Sunday as dietician only works thru week... Well I just googled info when I left and there was too much different instructions so I sort of just made my own lol. However back on right track now thanks again

You should be aiming towards 1.5 litres water or drinks that are around 2-3 cals/ per 100 ml

You should be aiming towards 1.5 litres water or drinks that are around 2-3 cals/ per 100 ml

I agree.

The weeks I've not drank much or drank too much fruit juice I have a stall or slow loss. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back