• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 1/2 weeks post Op and hungry again. Advice needed.

jimyeahbaby

Hi folks,

I'm 1.5 weeks post Gastric Band, and whilst up to yesterday i was doing ok on the liquid diet, im now finding that everything is going down very easily, with no resistance or sense of fullness. I've used up my 1200 calories already today (its 6pm as i write this) and have not felt sated (unlike I did for the first week post op).

I'm guessing its because my swelling has gone down, could this be true?

I guess im not meant to start on more solid food until Thursday, but im now feeling very tired and hungry on this liquid diet.

what do you suggest?

Best
Jim

Have something else if you think you need it. Liquids will make you feel like that I'm afraid.

Where you told to stick to 1200 cals, thats not a lot for a chap. Maybe ring your provider tomorrow and talk it through.

I woke up from my op hungry lol x

Ha, thankyou. Basically i think whats happening is that im healed up/unswollen, and the liquid diet is just doing straight through me. im going to try some porridge, see how i get on :)

If you're still supposed to be on liquid, do follow your providers guidance and stick with it until you speak to them, there's very good reasons for these times on liquid and although yes you could eat a whole lot more, you could do more damage than good.

I was like you and could have eaten anything at that stage, but its important to stick to the guidelines to make sure that you don't do any damage to yourself, your stomach or the pouch that has been created.

Hi I felt like this at around 5/6 days post op. top Kat gave me some good advice; drink plenty. I'm 9 days post op (band) and the hunger has passed, for now! Hoping it doesn't return. I'm also trying to keep myself busy as I tend to eat out of boredom - an old habit I'm trying to break! Drinking a pint of NAS squash helped me or an options hot choc. Good luck

By have something, obviously I meant within the 'what you are allowed' options ;)

Thursdays not far now but if you speak to your team they can advise more than we can.

Back