• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op how much to eat

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
i have finally got the diet sheed from salford royal and it says that meals shoudl be 100gram I am having a full tin of soup twice a day and these are 400gram !! is this too much ?
Thanks

I am 6 days post op, and I am eating good quality soups with melted cheese or blended chicken in for protein. I have not managed a full tin yet, as I stop as soon as I get too full or uncomfortable. :)

Thanks x
I am having heinz - any flavour really i they are thick i blend them down.
I just hope I am not eating too much but 100 grams doesnt seem alot of soup !

I honestly wouldnt worry about eating too much soup. If a full tin fills you then eat a full tin. Its no good being hungry and wanting to snack later on. Its better to eat more soup and not want to eat anything else, than not having as much and being hungry. It will only make you feel miserable.

You say you like Heinz soups, have you tried the weight watchers range? I really like the tomato one and I can eat a whole tin of that.

When you have your fill things will change and you wont be able to manage as much.

If you are still concerned, give your band team a quick ring just to clarify what is on the sheet.

xx

Hi hun, my op was different to yours as I had a bypass but I'm guessing you can manage a whole 400g tin of soup as it would just go straight through with nothing to restrict it, especially if sipped fairly slowly. I agree with Bex that some of the ww soups are quite nice, I used these for the first couple of weeks post op with added grated cheese or tiny chicken pieces for extra protein.

Cuppa xx

i have finally got the diet sheed from salford royal and it says that meals shoudl be 100gram I am having a full tin of soup twice a day and these are 400gram !! is this too much ?
Thanks

It doesnt sound too much to me but what they are advising isnt much is it? Do you think they actually mean liquid meals should be 100 grams as they would normally be quoted as mils. How many 'meals' do they advise?

Every surgeon/provider will have different plans, mine for liquids was around 250 mil portions of liquid 4 to 5 times a day. I tried to pick soups with a high protein content and lower in fat.

Hi
Thanks very much
yes the ww ones are lovely had the carrot and lentil yesterday - thought ewww sounds horrid it was really nice also bought the mexican bean one.
heinz normal ones are on offer though lol its all about the money here x had beef broth for dinner yumyum
thanks again
helen

Back