• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much water post op

hopelesscase

Im a big water drinker especially fizzy water. I have started preparing for my bypass by not drinking with meals and leaving it about half an hour after before having a coffee.
How much fluid do you tend to manage in a day after surgery. As since avoiding drinking with meals i feel dehydrated

u will only be able to sip water slowly straight after the op im afraid, fizzy is out till 6/8 weeks post op and then be careful with it ok xxx

I LOVE fizz too & I do miss it but knew it was a no-no post-op (forever I thought?????!)

thanks everyone i dont mean so much directly afier the op more longer term do you feel that you are able to get enough fluids in.I realise i wont be able to drink the fizzy stuff nd have promised myself that once the stock that i have has gone i will only buy still and get used to that.

Long term the odd small fizzy drink should be ok. Remember to stick to no/low sugar stuff............lol.
I drink probably a coffee/tea/squash etc by the cup full every half hour.........

I manage to drink enough fine. I drink with meals but not very much, I found it impossible not to!

thats reassuring shel as i do like a bit of the old grape juice with a nice meal. Can just see me with a sloppy fish pie and a thimble of chardonay

HC - I nearly drowned myself drinking while eating, the food stopped the drink going through and it backed up my osophogus choking me :D
Nowdays i wont drink for about an hour after any substantial meal.
I'm now back on diet pepsi, and it really has no effect on me, though i dont seem to crave it like i used, when my stomach is empty i can pretty much drink it free.

Everyone is different and manages different things at verying stages, i drank alchohol for the first time last weekend, and it went down very well, though i did feel giddy on only a small amount :D

Yay Richard you're now officially a cheap date :D

Hi HC i can manage tonic water fine haven't tried coke or that as i don't really fancy it. normal/ flavoured water is fine i just can't manage large amounts especially if it's with food. it will just be something you need to test out to see how you cope x

Back