• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 year on

H12

Hi everyone
It's been a while since I last posted but a lot has been going on .
I was having some tummy ache but not that bad , just uncomfortable, so I thought I should get it checked out.
I had a C T scan which showed a lump in my ovary. Everything moved very quickly , and a year after being in St Anthony's having my bypass, I was back having my ovary removed and also on the day of my op being told I had a very inflamed appendix! , having that removed as well.
I ended up with 2 surgeons operating on me, my gynaecologist and the wonderful Marcus Reddy taking out my appendix. I am now home recovering, and heard on Monday that both my ovary and appendix were benign, so life can move on again.
I have lost over 10stone since my bypass last year and it still is the best thing l have done for myself.
I am now in size 14/16 trousers and 12/14 tops!
Helen.

Glad all the news was good in the end - and your weightloss is very inspirational to someone like me, who is just starting their journey :)

Well done you, you have been through some rough times. nice to hear from you again lets hope you don't look back after this little lot, recuperate slowly and get ya self back to normal xx fab news xx

Hi everyone
It's been a while since I last posted but a lot has been going on .
I was having some tummy ache but not that bad , just uncomfortable, so I thought I should get it checked out.
I had a C T scan which showed a lump in my ovary. Everything moved very quickly , and a year after being in St Anthony's having my bypass, I was back having my ovary removed and also on the day of my op being told I had a very inflamed appendix! , having that removed as well.
I ended up with 2 surgeons operating on me, my gynaecologist and the wonderful Marcus Reddy taking out my appendix. I am now home recovering, and heard on Monday that both my ovary and appendix were benign, so life can move on again.
I have lost over 10stone since my bypass last year and it still is the best thing l have done for myself.
I am now in size 14/16 trousers and 12/14 tops!
Helen.

Wow you've been through the mill..Glad all is okay now,I myself have only just come back on this forum as i've had a bit going on( nothing surgery related though. Best wishes to you hun and take care xx

Oh how frightening for you, gynaecological issues are horrible and thank god it was all benign. I hope you recover quickly

Back