• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up with pain almost 6 weeks post op

pinklady130868

Feeling really fed up :-( had yet another admission to hospital last weekend because of the pain in left side and vomiting. Pain not really gone since having bypass on 6th feb last month. Had a couple of CT scans during this period but nothing showed except they found a dermoid cyst on my ovary :-(
My pain is rather like a stitch you get after exercise but in a much larger area on my left hand side. There is no obstruction or constipation it's just continually there :-(
This evening I'm really aching and started to feel sick again.
I'm being admitted back to the hospital again on Monday for a laparoscopy so the bariatric surgeon can have a closer look inside, he thinks that I may have adhesions that are causing the problem.
Sorry to have a moan, I'm just really fed up as its been going on for so long now.
Has anybody else experienced similar pain and have had a further op?

aww i am so sorry you are in pain like this as it not only makes you feel down but it affect every part of your life you carnt plan nothing go nowhere because of it, i havent had the pain due to my op so i carnt really pin point anything,but i do know about continuos pain i just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this and i hope they can do something this time that will ease your pain and let you get on with your life after surgery. sending you some cyber healing (((hugs))) for you take care. xxxxxxxxx

So sorry you are having a bad time hun, lets hope hey can get it sorted for you Monday so you can move forward and enjoy life again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Really hope the laparoscopy shows why your experiencing this pain, it should do! Adhesions can be really painful and surgery can cause them so you will need them removed.
Once they have sorted them and your pain free you can really enjoy your weight loss like you should be.
Good luck on Monday

Kim

Aw so sorry ur still suffering Hun :-( big hugs n really hope they get to the bottom of it on Monday xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I do to, I thought it was all down to wind. Be interesting to keep an eye on this tpoc :s

Hope you get sorted and are soon pain free x x

Hope tomorrow brings some answers to you hun & gets the pains well & truly rid xx

Thats a long time to be suffering lets hope something shows up for you, you can cope better if you know why you are hurting sounds silly but we always want answers the unknown is what really bugs us all. Good luck hope youre on the mend now the only way is up x

Really hope Yorker are able to help you. Constant pain is stressful. Thinking of you xxx

Hi Pinklady, just sending you cyber waves and wishes. Hope they can find something out for you on Monday.

Unexplained pain is annoying + so much easier to deal with once we know what is causing it and what can be done.

Hope they find a solution to yours.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Hi Pinklady, sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I did have left sided pain, just below my ribs a few weeks out when I had overdone things. It was like a sharp stabbing pain when I stood up, sat down, reached for something, or bent over and twisted to the side - eg when emptying the dishwasher. I just had to rest and avoid any lifting, twisting etc and it eventually went after a couple of weeks. Are you overdoing things? Hope you get to the bottom of it and are soon feeling much better.

Thankyou everyone for your kind wishes. I will keep you updated when I know more. I'm off to Bed now as its an early start in the morning to get to the hospital for 8am x

pinklady130868 said:
Thankyou everyone for your kind wishes. I will keep you updated when I know more. I'm off to Bed now as its an early start in the morning to get to the hospital for 8am x

Good night and good luck ((( hugs)))

Arrived at hospital am all gowned up wearing my flattering stockings and just waiting to go down to theatre this afternoon after 1.30. X

pinklady130868 said:
Arrived at hospital am all gowned up wearing my flattering stockings and just waiting to go down to theatre this afternoon after 1.30. X

Good luck hun hope they get it sorted for u xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back