• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

11 days till surgery and currently on pre-op diet!!!!!!

slothey

Hello everyone!
Since joining this forum, I have only posted a single intro note to say hi. Since then, I had an appointment with the dietician, and she basically ran through the eating plans pre- and post- op. I started the pre-op diet 3 days ago - this consists of eating 3 tiny meals and 3 snacks that add up to approximately 800 calories. I thought to myself - ah... not too bad... but I'll be honest and say that the first day was torture. The second day got better, and now... the i'm learning to ignore that constant 'hungry feeling'. I'm pretty determined, so i'll stick to it till the end... but I know there will be many ups and downs along the way :(

I have been thinking of getting banded for a few years now, but finances were a bit of a problem... and I kept telling myself that I should be able to accomplish this on my own. After a few years of dieting non-stop, I just had to come to terms with the fact that I just cant get my weight low enough. My relationship with food is absolutely horrendous... and I need something that will re-establish my views on food... kind of like having a clean slate. Well.. here I am now... my op is scheduled for the 4th of October. I am ecstatic at times... but sometimes I beat myself up about not having been able to control my weight on my own.

The thing is... I have a friend 'Nic' who is a professional bodybuilder, and although you might be thinking 'what does this have to do with weight loss'... the point here is that for him to achieve his perfect body he has to push his mind to control any feeling of hunger or pain. I think most people like to think that they dont do anything and also eat anything they want and still remain thin... I think its BS. Everyone I know watches what they eat. They scrutinize every thing before putting it into their mouths. They exercise regularly, and do so because it has been engrained into their routine from a young age. All I am trying to say here is that this is a lifestyle change... for ever... and the thought of it is a little daunting. I know it will all work out in the end... but I still have moments where I doubt everything

S x

Back