• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie on pre-op diet

Me too thinking about certain foods, but got to keep focused. Just got home after another 12hr shift and boy does it make me want to comfort eat. It's good to know that we are both having the same feelings, you don't feel so alone. Keep up the good work x

Hi everyone!

Well, after yesterday's wobble, today I'm feeling fantastic! Don't know why - just feel great! It's my husband's birthday today and usually we have a nice meal somewhere with the children. Obviously that's not happening this year and he didn't want to do much as he didn't think it was fair on me. Now, he's the cook in our house. I bake but cooking is not my thing but I can cook a roast (the flavours tend to take care of themselves!). So I've been out to tesco and bought a chicken to roast with all the trimmings. And I'm baking a cake (a birthday isn't a birthday without candles!). And the reason I feel great is that none of it has made me feel deprived just amazingly in control. I'll let you know if the feeling lasts once it's cooked!

Me too thinking about certain foods, but got to keep focused. Just got home after another 12hr shift and boy does it make me want to comfort eat. It's good to know that we are both having the same feelings, you don't feel so alone. Keep up the good work x

Hey Xenia

Thinking about you today - hope you're hanging on in there.

P xxx

Was so excited as I went to a bigger tesco and discovered a whole world of flavours of ultraslim - well 3 that weren't chocolate! Bought raspberry and vanilla and am tucking into the raspberry one for lunch. Sadly it reminds me of the worm medicine I had as a child which has haunted me ever since! Won't be getting that one again!

Was so excited as I went to a bigger tesco and discovered a whole world of flavours of ultraslim - well 3 that weren't chocolate! Bought raspberry and vanilla and am tucking into the raspberry one for lunch. Sadly it reminds me of the worm medicine I had as a child which has haunted me ever since! Won't be getting that one again!

I'm really struggling today, doing hour by hour, as day off I've got more time to think of food! I like the vanilla one but I do find them incredibly sweet! Could die for some peanut butter. I used to eat it straight out the jar, so it would stick all round my mouth, oh god it's torture just writing about it. How have you been today?

Oh Xenia, our minds aren't very kind to us sometimes are they! This is definitely a white knuckle ride. I absolutely agree about the sweet thing. I have always had a sweet tooth and the concept of something being "too sweet" never made any sense to me. But now........oh my word - all I'm thinking about is savoury! That's why I've been having the odd bit of chicken bovril even though it's not on my diet. I know some people are allowed it so thought it can't do much harm and it's been a lifesaver. I was off today too but was so busy I didn't think about food much but now I'm really tired so feeling a bit emotional about it all again. It was my husband's birthday and it was a bit surreal preparing a nice meal and making a cake and then not joining in. I'm really hungry now! We can do this, you know. Other people have made it through. I'm off again tomorrow and anticipating a quieter day so think it will all be much harder. My biggest trigger is feeling lonely or being on my own. Are you working tomorrow? You mentioned shifts - are you a nurse? I'm a midwife though not really practised as one for a while. Let me know how you get on - will be thinking of you ?

Day off again tomorrow, up to the hospital for my pre op assessment, so I might be weighed,so might have same idea if I've lost anything. I work in the travel industry, where we have to do shift, pretty dull really. I expect you have many rewarding times with your work and no doubt a lot of hard work. Well day three done, so eleven to go! All the best for tomorrow, I'll let you how I get on. Keep up the good work x

How's today been for you? Got weighed at the hospital 2.5kg lost. So I'm pleased with that. Still struggling- husband cooked bacon and eggs for his dinner - torture! :-(

How's today been for you? Got weighed at the hospital 2.5kg lost. So I'm pleased with that. Still struggling- husband cooked bacon and eggs for his dinner - torture! :-(

2.5kg is amazing - it's only been 3 a days! I braved the scales again today and I've lost another kg so am happy. I can see it in my face already. Not the best day today. Kept coming over all dizzy and sickly. Really tired too but I think it was because I didn't do much today - I think I'm better when I'm busy. Desperately wanted to eat something tonight and suddenly it seems like a flipping long time till next week. Wednesday can't come soon enough for me. Here's to a better day tomorrow!

Hang in there. I've had headaches and been a bit ratty. But you are right if you are busy it does occupy the mind. In a few hours another day down :)

Just told my boss why I was going to be off and she was so nice about it I cried! Really feel I'm on countdown now! Can't wait for Wednesday!

It is nice when people understand. Good for you, it is an emotional time, I cry when people are kind to me. Not long to go now for you, hang in there x

Don't worry I was in a mood too, I think it is the diet. Trouble is I did 16400 steps yesterday which according to my fit bit equates to 945 calories! And I am so tired. Headaches too! :-( x

Back