• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

14 weeks post surgery today ...

Jozefina

... and I am exactly 50% of the way to my goal weight and exactly 50lbs down (since I started the LSD on May 30th).

I am also nearly, oh-so-nearly, into the merely "overweight" BMI category :).

I fly to Singapore and Australia on a three week business trip this weekend and packing for it has been so much easier now that I have a better range of clothes, mostly in a size 14, to take. I have to make several important presentations whilst I'm away and I know that feeling lighter and healthier will really help my confidence.

In weight terms, my goal whilst I'm away is to stay the same! I have no intention of gaining and am not expecting to lose, but to return on October 18th at the same weight will be enough for me! (I recently lost 2lbs whilst away on holiday, so I know it's possible if I'm careful).

In other news, my mother has still yet to comment on my changed appearance :sigh: - !!!

Hope all the other summer 2013 sleevers are doing equally well.

Jxx

U are doing amazingly well. Keep up girl...

Wow enjoy Australia, well done on the weight loss and a big fat raspberry to your mammy :D

Congratulations. You're doing really well.

Thanks, everyone!

Did my last weigh in for three weeks this morning and I've lost another 2lbs <yay!> so I've now got less to lose than I've already lost and am at the weight I hoped I'd be for the trip. Fantastic!!

Kai, good to "see" you again, your stats are amazing - so close to goal, well done! xxx

Well done! It's always great for us pre-oppers to hear how well others are doing. Enjoy your trip.

well done you, your doing fab, im a june sleever aswell feeling really good about myself and people are really starting to notice, i woulnd't worry about your mum, hope you have a fab time away

Well done Jozefina!! Pls take me to Australia with you......with the weight I've lost I might fit into your suitcase (not!).
Your Mum sounds a real sweetie!

Hello from Singapore!

Well, the high drama continues.

I arrived here last night (Sunday) after a 12 hour flight, during which I mostly slept. I had a bit of a sore throat and didn't feel at all hungry, so the only food I had during the flight was some fruit from the breakfast fruit plate, a yoghurt and lots of water. I was also extremely cold during the flight, as the plane was AC-ed to the max. When we landed, I found the airport to be incredibly hot in contrast to the plane and, whilst standing with my luggage trolley waiting for a taxi (in a very long line), I fainted!! I'm still not sure whether this was down to low blood sugar caused by lack of food or the sheer contrast of Very Cold Plane vs Very Hot and Muggy Airport, but anyway - I face planted down onto the concourse and practically landed on the guy standing in front of me :eek:

He turned out to be a pilot with Singapore Airlines and immediately swung into action to take care of me: called for the doctor, got me a wheelchair and then, after I'd been checked over, put me in a cab and came with me to my hotel where he got me checked in and explained to the Reception staff what had happened! And he later called to see how I was and to ask if there was anything else he could do to help me - call friends here or get me another doctor etc.

So, so kind. I had an early night and some room service soup and am now at work, taking it easy and about to send a grateful email to Singapore Airlines' customer service team.

This is going to be a helluva trip ..... ;)

Oh no. Glad you're feeling better and that knight was there :)

LOL, a perfect knight in shining armour just when you needed one :D. I've had 3 months fainting, chastised a bit by MR as its not eating. That sounds a spectacular faint, I've done right at the 'mosh pit' at a concert and in Buckingham Palace, my local daily Costa as my most impressive, but yours sounds like a goodie :D:D, and keeping your handbag in the process! Not fainted in a few weeks now ;)

Good news on the weight loss as well, and being careful no reason why you should put on when away :eek: sounds like an excuse for some retail therapy in Oz. I even had to get knickers on my holiday last winter to keep them up :eek:

Your Mum...... maybe go for the subtle, she'll never notice approach. DIY Christmas card uploaded with a before and after picture of yourself on the front. Subtle :D

Hope to see you when you are back before the house move.

Thanks for all the good wishes xx

Currently at Singapore airport (it's 5.45am here, ouch) waiting to leave for Sydney.

My medical dramas continue: I fainted again at work on Monday and was made to see a doctor. Turns out my "bit of a sore throat" is actually raging tonsillitis! So I'm now on penicillin. Didn't go to work yesterday as I had no voice (imagine that ...)

Also struggling to eat but trying to make myself, as I'm more than a bit scared of fainting again ... the last time I ate this little was immediately post surgery, LOL.

(Is it shallow of me to wish I could weigh myself??!!)

Two more weeks of this: 7 flights, 6 hotels, 5 cities. Wish me luck!

Hi ya,

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling very well - at first I thought you were just attention grabbing - a Singapore Airlines pilot ;) - what would you're other half say! :D But I really hope you get better soon, not nice being ill away from home especially when you have such a busy schedule as you have.

I would die for a cold aircraft, I much prefer being cold to hot as it's easier to warm up than cool down. Last few long haul flights I've been on I actually asked them to turn the temp down a bit as it was too hot to sleep. Maybe though it was because I was just too well insulated at the time :confused: this year hopefully will be different as the weight still slowly keeps going.

All the very best for the remainder of your trip and I hope you continue to get better - and leave the pilots alone!

AE.

It's never nice being ill and also away from your own bed so I wish you a speedy recovery and keep eating!
Take care x

Hope you feel better soon, you've got a very busy schedule.

Take care xx

Back