• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Goal

Fat sue

I am setting my self my first goal ;) I'm going away on a hen weekend there's 20 girls going and I only know 3 of them it's the 22nd Feb to 24th Feb so I want to get a stone and a 13lb off by then ;)
8th January weight 14 stone 13 lb
Goal weight 13 stone

I think its always good to set ourselves mini goals, but even more so that we set ones which are realistic too. You're looking at losing 27lb in just over 6 weeks which is over 4lb a week . . .thats pretty tough going and quite a high goal (especially as suggested losses with the band are around 1-2lb a week).

Please don't take my post as a negative one, it isn't meant as such . . .setting small goals to work towards are great in weight loss, and Im doing them myself, but having set goals over 25 years and almost setting them all so I don't ever achieve, I have years of experience of knowing how that sense of "failure" feels.

This is the first time that I have been able to be and allow myself to be realistic in my goals, to keep things positive, to keep things realistic in losing but also moving forward, especially when there's a long way to go . . .especially if we are very early in having fills and only finding and working towards early restriction . . .

if I set myself up to almost fail at this point by setting myself goals at the high end it doesn't do any good for the morale or belief in what we are doing, if we don't reach it.

But good luck and I do really hope you get to the goal that you are wanting . . .and a hen weekend sounds great! :)

Agree with topkat. Better to set realistic achievable goals to avoid feeling of failure/creating possible self-saboutage situations. 1-2 lbs a week is probably closer to the realistic mark than 4 lbs a week ... Even though many of us banders can achieve that 4 lbs ... just perhaps not consistently for 6 weeks in a row ;) Why not shift the perception ... aim for two a week and achieve 3 .... How would you feel? Aim for two a week and achieve 4 ... How would you feel? Oh happy days?! Having said all that sue, I do you wish you all the very best in achieving your goal x

Back