• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 weeks post op

Tatiana

Morning all,

Apologies firstly for not posting as often as I used to but I'm being overtaken by 'normal' life and finding less time for myself as every week passes!!

This week has been a good one for me in terms of both scale victories and non scale ones as follows...

Last week I had lost 30kgs since last autumn when I started a pre-op diet before my aborted surgery date and thought that was good but better has followed.

This morning I stood on the scales and have lost 32.3kgs since last autumn - not a lot more than last week until you realise that 32.3kgs is also 5 stone 1lbs so I've broken through the 5 stone barrier and have lost more than 1/2 the excess weight the doctors decided I was carrying when I started my wls journey.

On Tuesday afternoon I was in hospital for a minor procedure in the DSU and, as happens, they took my BP; only this time they didn't have to go and find the extra large BP cuff that I had to have while in hospital for my wls!! And, not only did the 'normal' adult cuff go round my upper arm, it didn't pop off while being inflated!!!

Lastly, I am now in some clothes that are size 20 - trousers were 24/26 right up to my surgery date.

As you can see I'm getting there despite the problems I had immediately after my op with vomiting, continued reflux despite having had a hiatus hernia repair, and now having a rapidly dropping vitamin D level - currently it's 19 when the 'healthy' range is 75-120!!

Tatiana

yay im so pleased for you :) keep up the good work honey :) xxx

tatiana you are doing magnificently well darlin.
i fully understand about the bp cuff!!
i can't wait to have my 'sleeve' too - what an inspiration you are. thank you xx

Congrats ur doin great :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

well done thats fab xx

You're doing so well! What's with the vitamin D levels - is it something to do with your sleeve? x

well done, glad to hear it, hopefully your vit d will be at the normal level, keep up the good work that you are so obviously doing. xxxx

Well Done xx

You're doing so well! What's with the vitamin D levels - is it something to do with your sleeve? x

Hi Newcy,

I've not been given any reason why my vit. D levels have dropped so dramatically or how long it will take to bring them back to the normal range. All I've been told is it has happened and I will need maintenance treatment once my levels are up.

Tatiana

I'm almost 8 weeks post op and just been told my vitamin d levels are very low too, despite taking all prescribed meds etc. I've now got to increase calcichew d3 to four times a day and vit d levels will be monitored in 3 months. My GP said it could take upto a year post bypass for levels to increase to normal.
Hope you manage to sort things soon x

Thanks pinklady,

You could also try the supplements from somewhere like Holland & Barrett. I have to take 6 a day (3 morning and night) of the higher dose ones they sell.

Tatiana

Back