• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

150lb loss

saffrons

well my first weight loss goal is to lose 150lb to take me to overweight boarding a normal weight range. and i am planning on this taking 16 months i have my sleeve in march does anyone think losing 10st in 16 months will happen? i weigh just over 24st now

With a good effort, I'd say yes.

I lost over 16st in 13 months starting at 31st 12lb

are you eating normal foods now but just smaller amounts??? could you get away with nobody knowing if you didnt want them too?

are you eating normal foods now but just smaller amounts??? could you get away with nobody knowing if you didnt want them too?

Depends what you call 'normal'. But yes, I eat a healthy varied meal. I don't eay anything fatty/sugery or deep fried but that's through choice.

I wouldn't be able to go to a pizza night only if it was thin crust and I ate 2 slices maybe!

The only clue that would perhaps give you away to anyone would be not eating and drinking at the same time.

Mixims weightloss is fantastic! Saffrons although it is good to have targets don't be devestated if you don't make that one in the time frame you want.

I had a sleeve done in December and am working hard but have found that i've been quite sicky and sore. My weightloss has been quite disappointing. Around 11 pounds in the first week or so and then down to one pound a week most weeks after that. I have been upset about this but have had to look at the fact that at least it is weight off not on!

I would still have had the operation even though the weightloss is slow going.

Break your target down into smaller more manageable chunks. That way if your loss is slower than you hope, at least you will meet these targets and have something to celebrate.

Goodluck.
Take care.

Hannah xxx

it is possible to lose the 10st you wana lose with the sleeve,
as u can see mixy has done brilliantly with his sleeve,
i too have lost 10st now since my pree opp and my actual opp on 28th Oct,
so thats just about 4 months but each person it different and u should not judge your loss how ever big or small with others ,
just remember this is a not a sprint!!! its a Marathon,
and a life long one at that ,
if you make healthy choices and boost up on the exercise then its certainly not beyonds the realms of possibilty
all the very best with you quest
regards steve

its good to hear that it is possible. i did lose 10st in 12 months when i had a lapband 5 years ago and i did a lot of running but not sure if the weight will come off as easy as it did then as i am now a little older... well here is to the next 16 months of hard work. i dont want to rush it as i dont want to be left with lots of skin which is why i am aiming for 10 stone over 16 months and then i would like to lose the remaining 3 stone over a further 8 months.

Here's hoping your body does what your head tells it Saffron.......

I thought i'd be about 8 stone down now and i'm not i'm about 4 1/2 stone down. Our bodies are all different, instead of weight goals aim for health goals, you can control that a lot more....

Best of luck to you my lovely, i hope all your dreams come true xx

i agree, no one is more eager than me to get this weight off but if you can just take it in your stride you'll not be putting too much pressure on yourself. I hope you're not setting yourself up for disappointment. Those sort of emotions you could do without. good luck x

Good luck to you hun. I believe in aiming high and i think its possible to lose that amount of weight as some people have and you'll feel a lot better with any weight that comes off, so go for it, you can do it xxx

thanks Kerry Jo I think 9lb a month with a sleeve and plenty of running should be enough to get me to my first goal... i will still be overweight but am allowing myself plenty of time to lose the last few stone as i know that the weight loss will have to slow down, i dont want it to be rapid as first and foremost i want to be healthy

Hi

Had my sleeve on 14th Jan, my weight loss was quick initially but is quite slow now (total loss since surgery 10kg).
My weight can vary by as much as 1-1.5kg gained/lost over a couple of days so think I'm stalling at moment.
Back to work next week so the extra activity might get it going again (I hope).
I don't expect massive weight loss in short time and would be happy with 1-1.5lb off a week.
Would be interested to know how other sleevies got on in first couple of month with regards to type and quantities food they could eat as I have had a few ups/downs (nausea/vomitting) with some foods and wanted to know if others had experienced this.

Denise

Thanks Mixman, think part of my problem is I have had a bad habit of eating fast for many years (learned in nursing with short sometimes non existant breaks) and this is going to be the problem habit to correct.
Its good to know there are more experienced sleevies to ask when I get stuck.

Denise

Back