• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Are you happy with your weight loss?

Well Tiggerific you and I are so alike, I have lost similar amount to you was 53 Bmi now am 31 stopped around similar time losing weight I am pleased with what I have lost it would have nice to have been slimmer and that did worry me somewhat till I had my app at hospital when they discharged me, they are happy even though it says I am in the obese bracket still. The dietician told me they wouldn't have expected me to lose much more because of the weight I started at, it was within their target range so they were very happy as was Mr Mahawar, also at my docs when I went for my last jab the nurse said I was the best successful candidate around where I live for bariatric surgery, was well chuffed with that. Still think oif myself as big, I am mostly 18 very tight fitting with no give would be a 20 but too big round waist but that was always the problem, I have no wish for more surgery, It would take some pounds off but I just have no heart for it I am a coward. I am happy in this skin. I did think and hope at the start I would be skinny for the first time eva. I always tell people now that this is me skinny I will not get any further then they can say what they like. I always feel that I have to explain myself as so many do become really slim after op but they didn't start as high as us. They were naturaly slim when younger, I never was. xxx Lovely to catch up xx

I am another one who started at 25 stone and have lost around 10 1/2 stone, I have maintained for an age, but I am very limited to what I can do exercise wise. I wanted to lose weight for all sorts of health reasons but the main one being able to have a hip replacement. I am now finally booked in for that at the beginning of November which means at some point I will actually be able to exercise.

I have thoughout this tried to keep on the go but the last few months have been awful hip wise and I can't walk for more than about 5 minutes before I am in agony, so exercise is not happening.

I have not put on any weight and I am size 16/18 I am actually quite happy with that and I am hoping post op I will be able to move better and get a couple more stone off. Fingers crossed.

I'm very happy with my weight loss. I'm a year post op this Sunday and I've gone from 23st 8lb to 11st 2lb. I was a size 28/30 and I am now a size 12 on the bottom and a 14 on top.

For me though, the health benefits are the best and all the simple things I can do now, that I couldn't do before. Things like wiping my bottom, tying my laces, running up the stairs and fitting in the bath. I'm so grateful for this gift I've been given, as it's given me my life back :)

Nope still not. Still a long long long way to go and it's slow!

Don't be too hard on yourselves ladies. Our bodies have their own idea what weight they want us to maintain at.

That's not to say we should become complacent but if you look at the 'expected' percentage weight loss for the surgery you had you have all been very succesful.

Don't be too hard on yourselves ladies. Our bodies have their own idea what weight they want us to maintain at.

That's not to say we should become complacent but if you look at the 'expected' percentage weight loss for the surgery you had you have all been very succesful.

I know but that frustrates me more lol. I almost want a dietician who will give me a kick up the arse. I'd probably complain about them but it's better than a pat on the head.

Back