• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

17 1b loss in first week post op :0))

Well done Butterfly :) You've done amazing :)

Thankyou sleeve girl im delighted as wasn't expecting to lose so much so soon,every week I expect to stay the same lol but I've had good losses so far x

That is an amazing loss butterfly, I am having a sleeve and ill be happy if I manage half that, great going!! Part of me thinks that nothing will happen, I know it will, is that a normal thought?

I am really pleased for you :)

Hi pink flower, I went in in the Tuesday morning and had op that afternoon, was home by Thursday afternoon. I had a nightdress for after op but pjs for next day, I don't think it matters really. Some ppl say they prefer pjs but I found nightie more comfy. Are u having a bypass?

Im the worlds worst panicker but on the day of my op I was strangely calm. I was given a gown (was huge) and paper knickers. Had paid £20 for pair of 100% cotton ones as some hosp they let u wear them for surgery but ended up wearing paper ones. I'd gotten to that point were I thought, sod it, I don't care who sees what any more lol I wish you all the very very best for your op, you won't use half the stuff you take lol as Penelope said, make sure you have a pillow/cushion for journey home as your stomach will be quite sore and tender. Please keep in touch let us know how you are doing, meg x

I'm a panicker too, keep thinking something is going to go wrong. It's lovely and reassuring reading stories like yours :) x

It sounds silly but I just blocked out any fears or doubt or negative feelings I had last minute, I just knew I was doing the right thing for me, it couldnt get any worse for me lets put it that way :0). It wouldn't be natural if you didn't worry and everyone has some kind of little bump in the road along the way but you will be fine, these people do this op week in week out. After being home for a week, I was having crazy mood swings, not a lot but boy when they happened did everyone scarper. I almost lost it once because I couldn't put a clean sheet on my bed, my poor brother most got deafened by me balling at him for not helping me haha we laugh abt it now but its just these little things you're not prepared for x take care, try not to worry, turn that feeling into excitement and think of your lovely new smaller clothes you'll soon be wearing. ANYTIME you need a chat or to ask ANYTHING at all please message me if I can help I will and They guys on here are amazing and full of support. Keep in touch x

Poor brother lol, bet you have a good old giggle about that now :) Many thanks Butterfly :)

Weirdly my Dad said exactly the same thing when he had an op (plastic surgery - 8 hrs long). Before the day he contemplated cancelling it, he was so worried, but on the day he was so calm it was eerie.

:) :) :) x

Yeah... I panic if I have nothing to panic about haha but on the day I was sat in for 8am but didn't have op until 230 so was sat in my gown watching this morning and loose women haha my mum came in to see me b4 I went to theatre and was amazed at my calmness lol I suppose they don't understand that this is something we have been waiting for for a long time, I did burst out crying when ingot to theatre tho but I think it was just relief it was finally happening, I then woke apparantly in recovery and told the surgeon I'd changes my mind now haha a little too late he said lol lots of luck to u x

Hahaha!! I'll be posting a diary soon - probably when I start the pre-op diet. I think it's a lovely way to see your journey.

Keep doing what your doing Butterfly - it's clearly working well :) :)

Back