• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

17 days post op and first fill 2morrow???

LES

H everyone im not a regular poster but a reader - i had gastric band op at dolan park on 25th feb and my first app is tomorrow i have phoned and asked about how soon first fill appointment is and its all a bit vague.
i still feel a bit tender across stomach. and im still on lumpy slush could some one please help just to put my mind at rest, i must add though my appetite has come back but i cant stuff the usual way i used to.
xxxxx:eek:

Hi Les 17 days sounds a little to early for a fill as you havent tryed regualr eating yet and you will still be sore and swollen inside, on a personal opinion i wouldnt have a fill this soon as you are not used to the band yet and need more time to heal. A fill on top of the op swelling now could close the band hole and cause dehydration which isnt nice as ive been there with that situation, 4-6 weeks after banding is average for the 1st fill as it gives the body time to heal and get used to eating again.
good luck.

liz x

Great advice as always Liz.

thanks liz i'll cancel the appointment i thought it was too soon as im still a bit tender.
thanks for putting my mind at rest
les

les are you sure the appointment was for a fill not a check up maybe hun ?

Back