• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

18 week Patient Pathway, what does it mean?

gingernutter

Today I have been trying to learn more about the 18 week rule but it isn't very clear to me. Too much to read and too many conflicting comments.

what does this mean? Is WLS gastric by-pass included and when does the clock start ticking?

Hi sarah, sorry no idea what the 18 week rule is. obviously never did my research before my op!! hope someone is able to answer your question x

Isn't that the rule about ops being done within 18 weeks from waiting list to op? Well, I wouldn't hold my breath as I have heard from various people at different places that when they pursued this or asked about delays they were told that it doesn't apply to weight loss surgery! So, juat a matter of waiting & hanging in there, sorry!

Best people to ask i would think would be your local PALS team. They'll know the relevance in your particular PCT.

Shel

Sarah call your local PALS tomorrow morning they will give you the info you need and that may give you a bit more reassurance. My GP's surgery has a leaflet on the 18 week rule I will pop in tomorrow and see if I can get one, it might be different in your area but it will give you an idea.....xxx

Back