• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1day till surgery. Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

Romanab

:cry:
Well I have just found this site, stumbled across it really. I have been on another forum site which was very American.
I have been on my pre op diet for 14 days. Bowel prep later today and then surgery tomorrow.
I have been on the biggest emotional roller coast so far.
I am self funding, so not a day goes past when I don't ask myself, shall I? Or sharnt I?. I have got this far but I am sooooo scared of the unknown.
For any slivers out there, I could really do with some reassurance please.
The actual surgery......unpleasant as it may seem is not what's bothering me too much, it's the after effects.
I suffer from anxiety and depression, for which I am on medication. I have read that a lot of people can really get depressed after the surgery. Is it really that bad? Does it pass?
Also can you get enough fluids down after surgery? I drink sooo much now and I'm worried I might not be able to stay well hydrated.
I am such a worry wart and I really am hoping for that little bit of reassurance for tomorrow.
Thankyou.
Donna xx

Welcome aboard Donna xxxx We have some fab sleevers on here who I'm sure will be happy to answer your questions and put your mind at rest!
All the very best to you hun xxxxx

Hi just wanted to share, i got my sleeve done just over a week ago. The surgery was totally fine i had very little pain i was drinking water 2hrs after op was over and on my feet latter that night having a walk up the hall.
I to was a self funder and went through hell leading up to the op, i used money i got when i was made redundandant, so lots of things could have been purchased lol.
There was only one negative i had whilst i was in hosp (had op on Thurs and got home on the Sat)was liquid paracetamol made me feel sick so as i felt very little pain i did without and a tablet to help stomach heal, which melted on the tongue was very sweet and also made me feel sick but as it was needed i persevered.
I was not sick after the op at all and apart from how the two meds made me feel ive felt great since (really getting fed up with soup and slim fast now tho.....roll on next week for mashed food lol).
I hope this has helped as like you my head was spinning before i went into hosp and now i wish i had done it years ago.

Stop fretting sweetheart you will be fine. You will spend a lot of time sip sip sipping, please don't glug your fluids back. Maybe freeze some ice cubes to suck on if you find the fluids aren't doing it, but honestly you won't be overly thirsty. Remember you've just had major surgery and shouldn't be doing housework/chores of any kind for at least 4 weeks....

The pain from wind is the worst part post op, but a bit of gentle walking around helps it go over a few days :)

Apart from that you are gonna be fine. Search out Mixxie on here, he is the first sleiver to come to mind, i think he's lost about 16st so far :) :)

Good luck x

:cry:
Well I have just found this site, stumbled across it really. I have been on another forum site which was very American.
I have been on my pre op diet for 14 days. Bowel prep later today and then surgery tomorrow.
I have been on the biggest emotional roller coast so far.
I am self funding, so not a day goes past when I don't ask myself, shall I? Or sharnt I?. I have got this far but I am sooooo scared of the unknown.
For any slivers out there, I could really do with some reassurance please.
The actual surgery......unpleasant as it may seem is not what's bothering me too much, it's the after effects.
I suffer from anxiety and depression, for which I am on medication. I have read that a lot of people can really get depressed after the surgery. Is it really that bad? Does it pass?
Also can you get enough fluids down after surgery? I drink sooo much now and I'm worried I might not be able to stay well hydrated.
I am such a worry wart and I really am hoping for that little bit of reassurance for tomorrow.
Thankyou.
Donna xx

Hey Donna,

im guessing your in surgery today, so i hope all has gone well :) I went privately for my op too, and so far its been the best decision :D I had a couple of days where i felt a bit ropey, but that was it. Ive been generally feeling pretty fantastic! This forum is a great place to bounce thoughts and feelings around - folk are really supportive.

Hope you pop back on and let us know how youve got on

x

Hi Donna and :welcome2:

Good luck with your surgery, going by your date in your signature - its set for tomorrow! :)

Listen to all that is required by your team, and follow the instructions regards food and drink. To start with make sure you take it easy and have plenty of rest. :grouphugg:

Hoping you have a speedy recovery and look forward to welcome you to the losers bench x

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Thinking of you ....hugs coming your way x:grouphugg:

Back