• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill dilemma

Just got back from my first fill. I already had 1.5 mls which was put in during my operation. They have topped me up with another 3.5mls. She initially tried 4.5 but it felt slightly uncomfortable. She said it probably would settle down but i chickened out so she took 1 ml back out. I'm worried now I should have had the extra put in. :sigh:
What do people normally get on their 1st fills???

Sorry, I am not a bander, just wanted to say hi! Hi! A bander will be along soon, I'm sure. Good luck with your weightloss.

Hiya that's a good question. Iv had 4mls put in during the operation and I'm pretty full up with what Im eating at the mo and I'm also wondering when I go for my next fill should I leave it or get a bit more in lol:confused:

Hiya

Dont worry, at first fill you do not want to be too tight! leave it a few weeks and see how you get on, each provider/surgeon is different. After a fill for me its 3 days liquids then 3 days sloppies so I dont really get to test my fills out until 7 days after.

I have 5.5 mils in a 9 mil band - no fill during op and 3 fills since.

Good luck x

i had my 1st fill 6 weeks after my op. They put in 5ml for 1st fill but I still felt I could eat anything. I went for 2nd fill 4weeks after my 1st and they took it out and then refilled with 7.5ml. I have a 9ml band. I suffered with the 7.5 for 8 weeks. it was far too tight and because of this I did'nt lose any weight in that 8 weeks. I have since had 0.75 taken out so my band now has 6.75 ml in it. I still have restriction but still feel like I'm not losing. Maybe its time to change my menu's lolxx

I had 2mls in at banding on 25/5/09 then they topped me up to 4.5mls on 16/7/09 when I had my port replacement op and I felt good restriction until just the last few weeks.

I'm going for my next fill on 22/10/09, so not sure how much they'll put in.

Thanks for all of your replies. I feel alot more reassured. I have got to say though I wasnt really feeling hunger before the fill but now I have had it I am getting those gurgling hungry pangs. Is this normal and if it is does it settle down?
I have done so well up to now and really dont wanna go backwards!!!!!!

Back