• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling sorry for myself

truffle♥

Just wanted to have a rant and share!!
I had a 10ml band in august last year. The surgeon only put 1ml in at time of surgery. Ive been having gradual fills and last month went from 5.5mls to 6.5 mls. i was a bit silly in that i felt a bit weird when i was walking around town afterwards. I should have gone back and told the nurse. Anyways the next day I had to have some taken out at Taunton because it was a saturday. They were very good and the consultant actually took 1.5mls out.
Anyways yesterday i went back for another fill and she put 1ml in which has taken me to 6mls. All seemed fine. I went to work for a night shift and it all went down hill from there. I have not stopped being sick, have not kept anything down and am very sore.
i felt a bit annoyed with THG this morning because i explained my problem. She said it was too soon to see if there was a problem and to stick to fluids for 48 hours. Itried to tell her that fluids are just coming back up but she didnt seem to get it. Anyways my local clinic is open in the mornig so i will ring again. Ive had to take the night off work which im gutted about because i didnr have any time off sick whilst having the band so this part of it all has really pissed me off lol:mad:
Sorry for the long rant, just feeling sorry for myself and wanted to share.

Oh dear, poor you!

It sounds like very small fills will work best for you, you must be extra sensitive to the band tightening.

You don't say if you were having fluids only anyway? I know different providers have differing advice but I have to be fluids only for 48 hrs after a fill.

Let us know how you get on x

Back