• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st week post op liquid diet

emma&alex

so, im thinking about the kind of things i can start having after my op tomorrow. anything that fits through a straw they said

butternut squash soup (really thinned down with stock)
broccoli soup
oxo cubes
tea/coffee/water/juice
milk/milkshakes
yogurt with milk mixed in to really thin it down?
hot chocolate

what else can i have?
some ideas please!

i believe you can suck on ice lollies good for hit weather xx

Hi
i am 4 days post bypass, my surgeon told me on Wednesday that i was to be on sloppy foods, he said yoghurt and thin soup, so i have been having pro biotic yoghurt and sieved soups, i think after the 2 weeks it is blended or mashed food

oh and good luck, wishing you a speedy recovery xx

im 4 days post to and im on strained soup mixed with a bit of milk to think it out . any low fat smooth yogurt, plain ice cream 1 scoop, so if i cook a chicken dinner i blend it into a soup and either add stock or milk to water it down and strain it so there are no lumps . i have to eat like this for 3 weeks then go on to sloppy foods

Hi tray
Hope you are home!!! isnt it strange, its the same operation basically but every surgeon advises different post op diets. I wasnt told anything about ice cream, i was dying to nick a lick off one of the kids' today, i know it would be thin enough to be ok for the bypass, but i was worried about the sugar and fat and the Dumping thing, i am so scared to death of being sick as it will really really hurt.

lol my staples both in and out really hurt if i cough, laugh or move awkwardly so the thought of retching fills me with absolute dread! Are you out of hospital tray? xx

I enjoyed chicken Bovril when I was on liquids, also Baxters beef consomme. Protein shakes too - iced coffee ones are yummy in this hot weather !

Back