• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please post op diet

Bek_42r

Hello, just had a gastric bypass at Homerton Hospital on Monday. So 4 days post op. I’m really struggling to consume the amount that they are recommending and concerned that I’m not getting the protein in! fruit juice actimel and water are my staples with some slim fasts and soup. Been adding dried milk powder but worried this isn’t enough. If I have to drink another chocolate slim fast I’ll likely scream lol!

Other than this I feel fabulous. Surgery went really well and was only in for 2 days but that was due to an issue with my bloods

Hello, just had a gastric bypass at Homerton Hospital on Monday. So 4 days post op. I’m really struggling to consume the amount that they are recommending and concerned that I’m not getting the protein in! fruit juice actimel and water are my staples with some slim fasts and soup. Been adding dried milk powder but worried this isn’t enough. If I have to drink another chocolate slim fast I’ll likely scream lol!

Other than this I feel fabulous. Surgery went really well and was only in for 2 days but that was due to an issue with my bloods
Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your surgery. I'm preop but have read loads of diaries etc. I think you are doing really well for 4 days out, in the early days you need to concentrate on getting your fluids in more than worrying about protein, you need fluids to stop you getting dehydrated, just try and get in as much protein as you can, its always difficult in the early days, but it sounds like you are doing good, so don't worry too much, you'll up your protein as you get farther out xx

Hi and welcome im 6 weeks post op don’t worry about it hun. Just take as much fluids as you can and yoghurt or whatever you feel you can get down It’s really early days I’m still not able to eat anything near what’s recommended. Keep posting and reading diaries. Lots of lovely people on here that will help xx

Hi and welcome, congratulations on the surgery, in theses early day don’t get hung up on the protein, preventing dehydration is the key in the early day, you must try to literally sip sip sip sip all day long. Good luck and I look forward to following your journey xx

Back