• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling with pre op

Nanny Og

I am on day 7 of 14 day pre op and I'm struggling I'm currently eating

1 weetabix with milk from my allowance, the rest of the milk I have as drinks throughout the day. 1pt in total.
2cups black coffee
about 2 pints sugar free diluting juice
3 cups of herbal tea
200ml Apple juice
2small bowls SF jelly
2 strawberry muller light yogurts
400ml homemade soup
1mug chicken oxo cube
1 options hot chocolate

My soup is made with lentils, carrots, onions, leek and stock cubes

I'm really hungry today and feel like saying to hang with it and just going and making chicken & chips. I won't but it's getting harder as the days are going by not easier.

Please tell me I'm not alone

Hang on sweety. You can do it. I am also struggling. Surgery is on friday so have to be strong. Just think of the end result.

Hi! It is tricky but at least it is time limited. You are half way through and you can do it.

Have you got any distractions to take your mind off the diet? How is your knitting?

Fx

Hang in there Hun it has to be done

I think it's because we are have underlying stress while getting nearer to our ops. Stress would usually = eating crap

But we have to stick to a restricted diet. Goes against everything we have taught ourselves over the years.

Which then means pre op diet = stress

But maths and science were never my strong point. I could be way off. But it's how it feels to me lol.

I am 18 days into a 28 day pre op and just wish my op was tomorrow. More to break the stress more than bother about the pre op itself x

Keep your eyes on the prize lovelies a lovely sphelt like figure its what we are aiming for is it not, just think of all those who have gone before you can do this be brave strong and dig in to those resources of strength you have it will be good practice for the post days ahead. x I ate 7 malteaseers last night and felt sick as a dog my own fault should have just had 2 am 7 months post op and am getting sweet thoughts don't feel hungry but think i should have something am fighting with my self nmost of the time but feeling queasy is the result. xx

Thanks for the encouraging words.

I will get through this. I stopped smoking 9 years ago and if I done that I can do this. And if I can stop smoking anyone can.

One small mercy is I don't have a sweet tooth I much prefer savoury. And I'm proud of myself as there are crisps in the house and I haven't looked at them, normally they'd have been gone in one sitting.

Back