• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 breakthroughs for Fluiders!!

Hi Everyone,

Hope your weekend has started well.

I'm very new to this forum and had my sleeve Op 2 weeks ago. I thought I'd share couple of ideas with you.

My hospital dietician suggested that I didn't need to buy the expensive protein shakes that are on the market as the cheaper ones such as Complan and Build Up would be just as good!! They both have about 15g of protein per 100g.

For those of you that are interested, Complan is on offer in Boots right now. ( until 17th March I think). It's usually £3.30 for 4 sachets and it's now £2.64!! The original flavour tin is down too from £4.50 to £3.60.

I've stocked up just to keep me going but if anyone has any other suggestions for better tasting products or higher protein content, let me know.

My 2nd breakthrough (BIG thanks to Tules!!!) is having a Danio yoghurt but blitzed with milk added to make a delicious drinking yoghurt.... It's making a really delicious alternative than having yet another boring vanilla or chocolate protein shake!!! As I have yet another week of fluids to go, it really is a refreshing change!!! Again, if anyone has any other ideas, I'd be welcome to try them as I'm getting bored easily!!

Hope this helps. Have a great weekend folks x

Hi Rinata,
Thanks for the tips. I got a pack of complan too - soup.

I prefer savoury to sweet so yesterday to put two small (peeled and chopped) cucumbers and added plain yogurt and blitzed. No need to add water because cucumber is 90% water anyway. It made a nice refreshing drink. For those of you whole prefer savoury like me. You can also add mint to this.

Back