• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days post op...Am I allowed tomato soup

vanilla-cupcake

Hi all, had my op on Saturday and im absolutely starving, have tried everything, diluted orange, slimfast shake, hot chocolate and tea but I really fancy some tomato soup (even tho i'll probably only be able to handle a few spoonfuls) is it ok to take this

yes tom soup is fine as it has no lumps x

enjoy !

most soups are fine, i used a hand blender for veg soup and blended it to a smooth no lumps consistancy which was very handy as it made a change to have various flavours.

hey kate
i am three weeks post op and last week like you had an urge for tom soup. please be careful which one u choose. i had hienzs tom soup and i could understand why i was feeling so rough and sick untill i connected that the soup was cream of, high sugar and toms can be acidy. ww will probably be fine. since not having the soup i feel a hundred times better.
love kate x

i liked baxters parsnip soup. i did have tom soup once but it did have a more cals. im now 2wks 3 days post op and having mash and gravy, cottage pie and gravy and scrambled eggs. wont be long for you.

Post op i stayed strictly on the slimfast (mixed with milk), milk, juice, smoothies...
Then a couple of days later i went on to yogurt watered down with milk ( i had plain yogurt and added honey for sweetness)
I tried heinz tomato soup- but now i am making my own, which taste alot nicer! Lots of veg/chicken/stock- blended-passed through a seive.
I am now 9 days post-op and i am no longer passing the soups through a sieve- well blended soup, but no lumps. Very satisfying, and delicious!

Good Luck! :)

I lived on Tmato soup, and to be honest still love it! Just don't go near any lumps for now hun and you will be fine xxx

I lived on Tmato soup, and to be honest still love it! Just don't go near any lumps for now hun and you will be fine xxx

great pic emma ! your looking good x

Back