• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks liquid phase - Help!!

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Think I am prepared. But it's hard to be focused on this loooong pre op diet lol

What things were you allowed to have in the liquid phase after your op?

Thank you in anticipation :)

Think I am prepared. But it's hard to be focused on this loooong pre op diet lol

What things were you allowed to have in the liquid phase after your op?

Thank you in anticipation :)
im following your posts honey, hopefully i wont be far behind you :) xxx

Caren said:
im following your posts honey, hopefully i wont be far behind you :) xxx

Woohoo!!! I hope you can push in so we can sit close together on the losers bench lol

Anything healthy that could be blended down to puree, same as now really think its 6 proteins, 2 carbohydrates, 2-3 fruit 2veg twice as much water as you used to drink because your body isn't getting enough food now to get water from so you have to drink extra to compensate. Ask your dietician when you go in but she encourages the protein and the water even if you struggle at first eating beacause they can help the healing process, good luck xx

Mine with the wls group is

Slim fasts
Milk
Oxo drink
Bovril drink
Soup, I have had weight watchers soups, asdas own soup and home made soup, you just have to strain the bits off.
Actimel
Smoothies. ( this made me dump bad, never again)
Protein shakes
Tea
Coffee
Low cal nas juice
Water
Options hot chocolate
Think that's it so far xxx

Thanks all :)

My book from my hospital gives examples of what we ccan have in our liquid phase. But wondered if anyone had been clever with the types of things allowed. Yours sounds close to the examples Vicky :)

I will stick to straight out versions of what they suggest. I think its because of this 4 week pre op, I am thinking of ways to jazz up my two weeks liquid post op. But in reality, liquid is liquid lol

Its two weeks and wont be able to get down a hell of a lot anyway. All will be well :)

Thanks again folks xxx

to be honest with u i am 12days post op and couldnt really care less what it is i am eating as not hungery just know i need to, to heal quicker. If ur anything like me after the op u wont be interested and I would never have thought i would ever ever have said that pre op its a very strange feeling.

Thanks Vicky. I love that!! Makes me feel happier to know it will just be to keep me alive and not because I particularly fancy anything :D

I'm currently reading the 2 return to slender books and there are some great ideas for what you can eat every stage post op.

If you've not got them I would recommend them.

Roll on Wednesday and Friday xx

The phase flies by, I had very little appetite and felt overwhelmed if handed more than half a cup of anything to drink, barely anything goes in lol - baby rice or porridge was a fave of mine as its not too sweet. Good luck xx

Its a strange time just before and after I think you need even more support after the op just to keep you sane and some one to think for you until you get your head round the food menu for that phase, takes a bit pressure off my husband did an awful lot he sorted my meals out blended everything up made most things fresh the first week then we made in bulk and froze some little pots for me going back to work stocked fridge up on fromage frais and youghurts low fat custard pots sugarfree jelly pots etc. THink when you come home you are tired and just want to sit then have a walk about then you are shattered again. The more [prepared you are the better i was lucky he was there to help me i know others aren't as fortunate. xx

fuffs you will be fine i think you are best sticking to what your providers have written, as to be really honest you wont feel like jazzing any food up for the first few weeks, i also enjoyed ready break, blended soups,slim fast shakes, low fat yoghurts, things like that your taste buds change alot, i found blended mince and chicken to heavy for me, i did enjoy cheesy mash though, and also powderd milkn to add to things to up your protine, you just dont want to have anything sweet cos you dont wont to dump, canderel is ok to use if you need it. xxxxxx

It seems from what everyone is saying its just a survival time and the taste of food will be of no importance. Survival will be key.

My partner is lovely, but where food is concerned will be as useful as a chocolate teapot lol

I will study my instructions book again, ascertain if the things I have ready are right and go for it.

Thanks for everyone's help. I think my question probably was rooted in worry. It's good to know how others felt after the op. Now I know there is no need to worry about taste. Just keeping my protein and fluids up xxx

Update:

I wish I was the same as everyone else. I hate this liquid stage. I am not hungry, I dont have head hunger, but I miss taste and texture.

Thought I would do this update just in case anyone thinks why are they not feeling the disinterest with food. My mate who had her op 24 hours after me feels the same was as me.

I am sick to death of liquids and just wish I was onto purees. If I never saw another drink again I would be happy lol

4 weeks pre op then this = fed up lol

Other than that, I am very happy lol

Fuffs said:
Update:

I wish I was the same as everyone else. I hate this liquid stage. I am not hungry, I dont have head hunger, but I miss taste and texture.

Thought I would do this update just in case anyone thinks why are they not feeling the disinterest with food. My mate who had her op 24 hours after me feels the same was as me.

I am sick to death of liquids and just wish I was onto purees. If I never saw another drink again I would be happy lol

4 weeks pre op then this = fed up lol

Other than that, I am very happy lol

Hey fuffs

I'm also on liquids still. 10 day post op. I just dream of mash potato or boiled eggs. Really odd I think it's just the texture thing like you. Not long though Till the soft purée stage. Can't believe we've all been talking about pre op for ages and now were here as post opp. You are right though this forum is the best. So much advice and support and real life stuff not just glossy brochures that don't deal with the emotional head stuff.

Sophie, I feel exactly the same. I am so fed up of this stage I just want to taste something and to chew. Out of everything that I could crave for it is still a bit of toasted malted bread that I fancy.

I've got another week after this as for the first week it was clear liquids then 2 weeks full liquids. I don't have a plan for puree as I don't see the dietician until the 21st.

It's driving me nuts and getting me down as my head is starting to play up and I can't take my SR morphine.

I sound so ungrateful, I'm not I know this will not last forever but over a month of not eating is taking it's toll.

Hey fuffs

I'm also on liquids still. 10 day post op. I just dream of mash potato or boiled eggs. Really odd I think it's just the texture thing like you. Not long though Till the soft purée stage. Can't believe we've all been talking about pre op for ages and now were here as post opp. You are right though this forum is the best. So much advice and support and real life stuff not just glossy brochures that don't deal with the emotional head stuff.

Lol!! I have thought of those two things also. I dont even usually eat mash potato. But I want it smothered in gravy right now! Just to break the liquid run lol

At the same time, I have a fear. I know puree doesnt work out for some and they need a stretch or to move back onto liquids. Hope that wont be me.

This forum is the best. I love it :D

Back