• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help for a newbie

Hi Lee, I did reply earlier but it seems to have disappeared ha ha! My op went well - but I was ill afterwards - I'm fine now though. How did your op go? Sar :) x

Hi Sar,
Glad all went well! Sorry you were ill.
My op went well, Sunday I was in pain from the trapped wind but got better during the night. Glad to be home now though.
Liquid diet is boring but I got myself some Tideford soups - they are all organic and no added sugar, so can have a verity in my diet. If you look at a website called bariatriccookery.com. She gives you some ideas for the liquid stage. I bought the return to slender cookbook and there are some great ideas in there. She recommends a protein drink which I also ordered. You mix it with water and it's like a squash Drink. It's got no sugar or aspartame in it and lots of protein. Let me know if you are interested and will send you the website and name.
Hope the recovery goes well.
Xx
Lee

Hi Jacwat,

The next month will go by so quickly. I found that as soon as I made the decision to actually go ahead with the surgery the time just flew by :)!

When I was so ill afterwards (which was due to the anaesthetic) I was convinced that I had made a terrible mistake. But, I have been home for two days and apart from being a little sore I feel great.

I had no pain from trapped wind at all - I was dreading that. The liquid diet is a bit boring but it's not forever.

Fingers crossed the next month flies by for you.

Sar :) x

Hi Sar,
Glad all went well! Sorry you were ill.
My op went well, Sunday I was in pain from the trapped wind but got better during the night. Glad to be home now though.
Liquid diet is boring but I got myself some Tideford soups - they are all organic and no added sugar, so can have a verity in my diet. If you look at a website called bariatriccookery.com. She gives you some ideas for the liquid stage. I bought the return to slender cookbook and there are some great ideas in there. She recommends a protein drink which I also ordered. You mix it with water and it's like a squash Drink. It's got no sugar or aspartame in it and lots of protein. Let me know if you are interested and will send you the website and name.
Hope the recovery goes well.
Xx
Lee

Hi Lee,

I am so glad it went well for you.

It makes such a difference being back at home - I have no pain at all - I am just a little sore.

Thanks for the website I will take a look at it because the liquid stage is boring! I am living on soup, slimfast and yoghurts - but it is not for too long.

I am definitely interested in the protein drinks you have bought - I am struggling to get anywhere near enough protein so any help would be appreciated :)!

Hopefully we will now start being the biggest losers lol :D!

Hi Sar,

Yay for no pain!
The protein drink is called Syntrax Nectar - I got two flavours. Fuzzy Nectar and Lemon Ice Tea which apparently are the best flavours. If you google them there are different places to get them. I haven't tried the ice tea yet, but the Fuzzy Nectar is very nice.
X
Lee

Hi Sar,

Yay for no pain!
The protein drink is called Syntrax Nectar - I got two flavours. Fuzzy Nectar and Lemon Ice Tea which apparently are the best flavours. If you google them there are different places to get them. I haven't tried the ice tea yet, but the Fuzzy Nectar is very nice.
X
Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that, I will google them and buy some. I really do need the extra protein!

How are you doing sarhys? When's your weigh in?

How are you doing sarhys? When's your weigh in?

Hiya,

I'm doing really well. I hate the liquid stage but it's not forever.

Since 22nd April when I started my pre-op diet I have lost 27lbs - 11lbs since surgery. I am so happy with this number.

Of course I have a lot more to go but for the time being I am really happy.

Back