• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help for a newbie

Sarhys

Hi Guys

I am due to go in for my surgery next Saturday (2nd May) but I am little confused about the liquid diet and was wondering whether any of you guys could help me out please?

My questions is: do I need to buy special liquid shakes such as cambridge, lighterlife etc?

Also could someone please give me an example of what they had during the day while they were in the liquid phase?

Thanks,
Sar :)

My LSD was 3-4 pints of skimmed milk 3-4 muller yogs, 1 packet sugar free jelly and 1 oxo cube per day, your team will give you a sheet with what is allowed, good luck with it all xx

Thanks Butterfly_lady - that really helps :).

I've been trying to work out whether I need to buy anything ready such as the shakes.

:) x

I am more of a savoury person so had loads of soup. Sweet protein shakes were too sickly for me. I bought lighter life and complan soups but could not really stomach them. However LL is for getting in protein and vitamins. I had yogurt too, and milk.
You can make soups but blend to very smooth consistency. Also stock up on super free squash because you will be drinking loads of water.
Good luck.

Thanks Tules,

I am more savoury too so I will go shopping this week and get a load of soup and squash in.

I still have some shakes so I will try and use those for protein.

Thanks for the advice :)

Hi Guys I am due to go in for my surgery next Saturday (2nd May) but I am little confused about the liquid diet and was wondering whether any of you guys could help me out please? My questions is: do I need to buy special liquid shakes such as cambridge, lighterlife etc? Also could someone please give me an example of what they had during the day while they were in the liquid phase? Thanks, Sar :)

I used complan blended with milk and Farge Greek 0 protein yoghurt and sugar free cordials to make milkshakes and had plenty of tea, cuppa soups and Options hot choc drinks to give me a mixture of sweet and savoury.
I also bought the FRESH soups in cartons and watered then down and blitzed them so they had more flavour than tinned soups! Strain the soups so there's no bits or lumps in them!

As Tules said, you will need to drink plenty and don't forget to SIP, SIP, SIP!!

Good luck with it all. Hope you're not too nervous or stressed about it. Keep us informed! X

I had weight watchers tomato soup which is like water but tastes good, a lot of chocolate milk and slim fast..along with NAS Vimto. It took me all my effort to get the liquids down, I sat sipping for literally 3 weeks!!
Good luck x

Thanks guys for all your tips :).

I went out and bought some shakes, weight watchers soup, yoghurts and NAS squash.

My surgery is in 3 days and I think I'm all set - I'm nervous but I'm ready :)!

Thanks again,

Just popped up to say hello and welcome

My op is also on the 2nd May. Hope all goes well with you! :)

Hi los in it - thanks for the welcome :).

Hi Leelin, good luck on your op - I am starting to feel nervous now even though I know I am doing the right thing. How about you?

Hi Leelin, good luck on your op - I am starting to feel nervous now even though I know I am doing the right thing. How about you? Sar :)

Hi Sar,

I've been so busy at work these last 2 weeks that I haven't had time to think about it too much. Excited but also a little nervous as I've never had an op before. But I'm sure all will go well with both of us and next week this time we will be on the losers bench recovering! :)
Xx

Hi Sar,

Hope all goes well for your surgery today. Sitting in my room waiting for the entourage of medical professionals. Chat to you on the other side!

Xx
Lee

Good luck for your op today. Hope it goes really well and you recover quickly.

Hi Lee,

So sorry I didn't reply - I was stuck in hospital without my laptop :(.

How did your op go?

Mine went perfect but I was really really ill for a few hours afterwards. Constant sickness - by the next day I was ok.

At the time I did keep thinking "oh my god, what have I done to myself" but now I know it was the right choice :)!

I have to admit I am not really a fan of the liquid diet but it's only for a few weeks and soup is better than the shakes I was having on the pre-op diet lol.

Sar xx

Hi Debs,

Thank you so much - the op went well and I am so far recovering well :)!

I can't wait to start losing weight lol!

Sar :) x

Hi Lee,

I did reply earlier but it seems to have disappeared ha ha!

My op went well - but I was ill afterwards - I'm fine now though.

How did your op go?

Sar :) x

Congratulations on getting to the other side Sar. I am exactly a month behind you! I have my sleeve on 2nd June so I will be following your progress closely and learning from you. Well done and have a good day xx

Back