• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks Post Op

branmelis773

Hi all! I have a few questions I'm hoping to get advice on. I'm 2 weeks Post Op Bypass as of yesterday. I'm on the puree stage, but am able to go to small soft chunky stage @ 20 days. So wondering how you all advanced your diet, & too what?
I have a very simple list of foods. Just a list, no ideas of how its prepared. Like fruit, I know I can have canned & soft fresh but what about dryed? & Nuts....when? Popcorn (going to the movies tomorrow for my other halfs bday, so may me wonder when) I know a lot of this stuff I can't have now but I have no idea when? Also chicken? I know its ok to have but how? Can I have Teriyaki chicken, or bbq grilled chicken glazed with bbq sauce?
I kind of feel like they handed me a list of approved foods & now I'm trying to figure it out on my own!
I was thinking of calling the nutritionist but thought I would start here. Also, I'm trying to add some of the foods into my diet now, the real soft ones, because I'm DONE with soups & yogart. Though I enjoy both just feeling warn out on them. So how fast should I advance? Did you start with just one new thing a day or did you just go for it using the basic rules (no sugar, low fat, fairly soft)
Thank you for any advice or direction
Brandi
:)

Stick to plain chicken all that sauce is full of sugar and you will dump!

Back