• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op - 12 days on

Awalsh90

So I'm am 12 days on from by Bypass surgery... and I am getting very board of soup and pureed food lol.
My diet was a bit different to most, I was straight onto pureed food (no lumps) the day after surgery. I am supposed to stay on this for 4 weeks, then go to soft/mashable foods for 4 weeks, then back to introducing normal foods.

I wanted to know if anybody added eggs to their pureed stage, for instance, scrambled eggs done very soft. I love eggs and I have just had one scrambled as I have really been craving something other than soup. but now I feel guilty.

I have not had any problems keeping my food down, not even the first yoghurt the morning after surgery and I have never felt queasy or sick. I do feel hunger, although I do also feel full, so I'm no worried about overeating yet.

thoughts?

So I'm am 12 days on from by Bypass surgery... and I am getting very board of soup and pureed food lol.
My diet was a bit different to most, I was straight onto pureed food (no lumps) the day after surgery. I am supposed to stay on this for 4 weeks, then go to soft/mashable foods for 4 weeks, then back to introducing normal foods.

I wanted to know if anybody added eggs to their pureed stage, for instance, scrambled eggs done very soft. I love eggs and I have just had one scrambled as I have really been craving something other than soup. but now I feel guilty.

I have not had any problems keeping my food down, not even the first yoghurt the morning after surgery and I have never felt queasy or sick. I do feel hunger, although I do also feel full, so I'm no worried about overeating yet.

thoughts?
My advice would be to check with your team, could you make a high protein stew to purée? Good luck xx

thoughts?
I was told if you make the eggs really sloppy and mushy you could have them, but every hospital says different x

Back