• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks Post op having probs with food, Any help would be gratefull!!!!---–-

Jo-1958

Had a gastric Bypass fours weeks ago on 27th Feb, I Meant to be onto soft foods this week, but every time I eat I get awfull pains and be sick today I ate chicken soup for lunch and the tea time I had a couple of mouthfuls of fish in parsley sauce with mash, and been ill since.
It's like I have something stuck and can't get rid of it, can anyone advise pls xxxxt

Contact your team and ask for their advice urgently x

Hi, I would definitely do as @FeeBee says and contact your team. What happens with liquids? Are they ok? Have you tried puréed foods before soft foods? How did you get on with that? It might just take you longer to move onto soft foods and you might need to take a step back to purée for a week - check with your team and see what they say. Where did you have your surgery? Was it in the U.K.? Hopefully you have a contact number for your team.

Hi Hun yes contacted them, feeling much better now, just can't seam to stomach going onto next step. Will try again in a couple of weeks, I'm still swollen inside they say

Oh dear, I'm glad you contacted your team.

I guess you'll just have to take things really slowly. Good luck x

Had a gastric Bypass fours weeks ago on 27th Feb, I Meant to be onto soft foods this week, but every time I eat I get awfull pains and be sick today I ate chicken soup for lunch and the tea time I had a couple of mouthfuls of fish in parsley sauce with mash, and been ill since.
It's like I have something stuck and can't get rid of it, can anyone advise pls xxxxt
Sorry you are in pain. I really struggled with fish in sauce and anything chicken, and had thought it would be a good option for soft. I also extended my puree stage to new foods until i knew I could cope with them as puree. Listen to your body, we all heal at different rates.

Back