• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 weeks onwards, Meal Ideas plz...

Mash potato, the Aunt Bessies ones in tablet form that you microwave are ideal. Cod in parsley/butter sauce. Cottage cheese. Tinned mince/steak and gravy.

Mash potato, the Aunt Bessies ones in tablet form that you microwave are ideal. Cod in parsley/butter sauce. Cottage cheese. Tinned mince/steak and gravy.[/QUOTE
Thank you for your response, I haven't tried fish, but it is on my list for the weekend. I am eating cottage cheese and it seems to be going down fine.

Good for protein fish and really soft. I also liked prawns too. But I've gone off them now, and chicken, and most other meat!

What are you eating now that meat is off the menu?

I was a tad worried about trying chicken as I had read that folks struggle with it, I only had a tiny serving, but it was fine.

Did a prawn curry last week (the first 6 weeks everthing was so bland!) and it was yum.

I am thinking of trying tofu?

I don't know what it is but I just can't stomach much meat any more.

It just makes my stomach gargle, it's not so much the taste, it's just the effect it has that puts me off.

I am OK with the odd slice or 2 of beef/chicken/ham with a salad, but that's about it. Mince is OK too in gravy. Obviously not with salad though lol

This is the reason I take lots of protein drinks as I am exercising lots and lots too!

I've not tried tofu or quorn yet.

I live on Tofu and Quorn and manage them easily. Tofu needs a good decent marinade as it's quite bland. Cauldron foods do a pack of ready marinated tofu that is great for just throwing in a stir fry xx

Hiya,

I used to eat corned beef mash and cheese and potatoe pie. There's some good fish pie recipees on the recipee threads. Also home made stew is good (watch your meat though, takes some time to master meat) I can eat more meat now but have to have it roughly chopped. :DJaney

I'm really lucky i can eat most things including all meats that said it took me a while to have the confidence to do this but at 6 weeks i like Mixie had fish with potatoes and soft veg with different sauces. The other thing i quite liked and went down well was meatballs made up with one of Jamie Oliver's pasta sauces i made 6 and they lasted 3 meals again i added veg to the sauce and mashed potatoes. Aunt Bessie's frozen cauliflour cheese is nice too x

Back