• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks to loose 5.5kg.....?

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi everyone, I have been on the milk diet for 2 weeks. I need to loose 8kg in 4 weeks then will be referred to the surgeon. This week I only lost 0.4kg, I have been on anti-biotics don't know if that has made a difference although I haven't been an angel this week. Mind you not eaten loads just the od thing. Is it possible to loose 5.5kg in the next 2 weeks? I hope so.

i think you could hun :) xx

Sharron hun, you have fought so hard for your surgery. You say you've had the odd bad thing. Stick to the next two weeks without anything bad and you can do it! This is your last fight to the surgery that will save your life, you can and you will do it xxxx

sharron i know you can do it hun . i am dreading the milk diet i really have no will power at all . i have to lose 7kg by the 5may so i think im going to start on a low fat diet on monday and then on the 5 april start the milk diet. i should of been on the milk diet for the last 3 weeks but due to the car crash the hospital told me i must not start it untill april so my ribs have had time to heal. the problem is because im just sitting around im getting bored so im eating all the bloody wrong foods. at this rate ill have to lose more than just 7 kg by may :(
sharron dont blow it hun you have been doing good even if you have had a couple of bad things were all right behind you ......

also sharron, i think your under l&d, they told me you have a total of 9 weeks to lose it. they give you 4 weeks first, to see how your doing, but if you havent lost the amount they want you to, they then give you a further 5 weeks to do it .. so dont beat yourself up to much.

be stricked hun if ur hungry eat jelly and drinkloads of water ontop of ur milk it will flush u out good luck i lost 1 stone in two weeks on milk diet hope it helps im going back on it again soon the 500cal a day diet ent working for me im just maintaning x

be stricked hun if ur hungry eat jelly and drinkloads of water ontop of ur milk it will flush u out good luck i lost 1 stone in two weeks on milk diet hope it helps im going back on it again soon the 500cal a day diet ent working for me im just maintaning x

Tell me to mind my own business if you like but I'm a little puzzled as to why you're on a 500cal a day diet? It's far too low for the body to sustain for any length of time. Even the pre-op diets have a higher calorific value and they're the very minimum the body can survive on for a restricted amount of time.

You might find you lose weight better if you actually increase your calorie intake as right now your body thinks it's starving so is holding onto all the fat reserves it can ;)

Hi Sharon, hun as u know i was on the milk diet for 7 days and i lost 12lbs then i could not bear any more milk and still bricking it about my liver so for the next 3 days i had made some chicken soup with just chicken pieces and carrots, that way there were no carbs and my cals were minimal. At the end of the 10 days i had lost a total of 18lbs.
Hun u have fought tooth and nail for this surgery and i know u r a strong and determined woman and u can do this.
What i did is said to Aaron that all the nice things i would usually munch on like, bread crisps and biscuits were not allowed in the house when i was doing my pre op as i was so stressed i was so worried i would cave in. He totally understood and that made it easier.
Maybe u could have a chat with ur boys and am sure they would go without their goodies for the next 2 weeks to help you.

Hun u can def loose the 8 kg if u stick to the milk diet from tomorrow onwards, i made milk jellys and that did help me as i was eating food and not just glugging milk and also drinking diet coke gave me a little energy boost and def helped me feel fuller.

Girl we are all here with u, holding ur hand and supporting u through this fab journey of yours and i know u can do this.
If u want to chat at any time, just buzz or text me am always around :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your support it means alot. Had a good chat with Roch today and that is it not one more thing other than the milk and jellys is going to pass my lips. I am going to do this as I so want this op as soon as possible. I don't want them to turn around on the 19th and say we need to give you another 4 weeks, what I want them to do is say we are now going to refer you to the surgeon. Enough of me waffling now I am going to do this.

Thanks everyone for your support it means alot. Had a good chat with Roch today and that is it not one more thing other than the milk and jellys is going to pass my lips. I am going to do this as I so want this op as soon as possible. I don't want them to turn around on the 19th and say we need to give you another 4 weeks, what I want them to do is say we are now going to refer you to the surgeon. Enough of me waffling now I am going to do this.

U go girl am well chuffed with u i know u can do this, and remember i am keeping your seat on the losers bench next to me nice and warm xx

Argh it is so frustrating isnt it!! You are going to them for surgery because you find it so hard to lose weight and what do they want you to do...lose weight and in a limited time too!!! It really doesnt make sense but that is one of the hoops that they expect you to jump through, just really doesnt make sense to me!!! Expecting you not to GAIN any weight is sensible to me but to expect you to lose it with no assistance, considering why you are on this journey, is just insane.
Good luck with getting the weight off hon, I am confident that you will do it an you will soon be on your countdown to surgery xx
Steph xx

Back