• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment has been changed - Need a quick weight loss!!

NEDebz

I received a letter yesterday to say my next hospital appointment has been brought forward by 6 months and although I'm thrilled I now have to face the fact that I haven't reached my weight loss target yet. I originally thought I had until February but my new appointment is on 16th August so now only have 8 days!! I have lost most of it but have another 1.5kg to loose & would prefer to loose 3kg just to make sure I'm 'safe' taking into account different scales etc.

So I would really appreaciate any ideas or inspiration you can offer that will guide me into loosing the extra 5 or 6 pound in this next week.

Thanks

Last edited:
right babes i have lost a stone in little under 4 weeks, can u handle pineapple? if so eat that for breakfast, get the one in tins so its less faffing, in juice not syrup!!!! and i put a vvvvv low fat yog with it like, 65 cals and under, pineapple is a natural fatburner like grapefruit~! drop all carbs so say you d have a prawn salad roll, drop the roll, you can easy do this babe, it ll be so strict for those 2 weeks, but whats 2 weeks, eat chicken and salad, fish and steamed veg and you ll prob find you have more than dropped 3lbs......... ooooo exciting good luck sweetpea xx

Thanks Kelly, yeah I can handle pineapple. Low fat yogurts - I presume the likes of muller light will do? I can't believe I've really lost the knowledge of how to diet properly!!

You've done really good, well done xx

thanks debbie, hmmmm muller light have nearly 100 cals :-o sooooo id get the smaller pots vitality think its is and ski......... ww meals are good to as you know the exact calouries, ocean pie one is the lowest cal, also a very lowfat tea, is pork loin steaks no fat, with roasted veg, cherry tom, onions,mushrooms, mange tout all the veg is free and very little in the meat these are meals you wanna be aiming for how exciting hey its been moved foreward! ooooo good luck, are you all sorted?..... x

A similar thing happened to me and i had to lose a stone in 2 weeks. I went on slimfast and stuck to no more than 800 cals a day. Drastic and difficult, but it was worth it in the end !

I spoke to Kim at the last group meeting because I had a nine month wait between appontments when she said it should've only been 4 months. So she emailed appointments to get it changed. I expected something in maybe October not 8 days time!! Not that I'm complaining of course!! The appointment is the day before my 40th birthday, so I'm praying I get an early birthday present.

I've considered doing the milk pre op diet, again a drastic .solution but would be so worth it in the long run.

ooo yep milk diet is fab idea, tho havent they all ready told you to do that with op being so close?... x

Ah kelly I think our wires are a bit crossed. I've had my seminar, then 1st appointment where they give you a weight loss target. It's my next appointment that has been brought forward. So I need to show that I've reached that target for them to consider putting me on the waiting list. So havent been given the details of the milk diet yet x

oooo ok your on same stage as meeeeee! i think maybe do what we said in begining as they will understand surely bringing it soo close, you can lose abit of weight dropping carbs etc x

Yeah I shall give that a go, plus out goes tea coffee & fizzy pops

there not toooo bad are they? ive still been having d coke. tho i should really try and give it up ready for after the op!!! it feels like my only treat left ha x

Hello there

When they sent u the first appointment for february I would of thought that gave you a kinda of goal to aim for (losing the weight etc) the fact that they have moved the goal posts to 16th Aug, surely they dont expect you to lose what ever weight you have to lose by then, I mean its a bit unfair isnt it giving you 8 days notice, just try and lose as much as you can as healthily as you can, and remember you have lost some weight and kept it off, surely that should count for something. Good luck anyway in what ever you decide.

All the best - MeJulie xx

P.S - If I got the wrong end of the stick anywhere I apologise xx

hey - good luck hun.... you can do this! get plenty of exercise in too and just do what kelly said! no snacking just 3 meals a day! no carbs but plenty of protein!
xxxx

Fill yourself up with plenty of veg, if it helps i was told on my food diet (pre op) not too have root veg as these have carbs in..... Also drink the fizzy pop n tea n coffee, i find fizzy drinks used to fill me up when it wasn't quite tea time!

Put your head down and do your best, just remind them when you go that if you are a lb or two shy of the target that they changed the appt by quite a few months and what do they expect? You've shown a lot of commitment already xx

I agree, just do your best they cant expect you to have lost as much as you would have done with months more time.........good luck :D x

Hi Debbie its great they have moved the appointment forward but not so great with 8 days to loose the rest of your target weight, i was set my weight loss last week when i was at sunderland and they told me its will be around 4 months for next appointment i hope mine gets moved forward :)
are you going for a band or bypass? im a bypass and im more scared about the endoscopy then the actual op but has to be done:cry:.
best of look with your journey xxx

Louise

I totally agree with MeJulie...they gave you a target with roughly a 6 month deadline until your next appt (did I understand that correctly? xx!!!) so if they've brought it forward by 6 months, they realistically would not have expected you to have lost the whole amount they set, so don't panic!!! You have clearly been a good girl & committed to the plan, so just continue as you have been doing...a slow, sensible, planned weight loss.

Just my persoanl thought & you & others might not thank me for mentioning it, but if you lose too much too quickly, I would personally worry that there would be the danger of them saying: 'Oh, clearly you can lose weight if you need to'...I know this is something that alot of us fear on this path. Otherwise, if you really do want to kick some butt before the appt, then the Atkins diet is clearly the way to go; zero carbs & sugar, high protein & plenty of fluids..you'll be amazed at what you can shift in 8 days!

Thanks to all that have replied.

I was advised last week by the nurse that my appointment should never have been so long away & that it should have only been four months. So she had it changed, I was expecting another month or two which I was comfortable with. I'm in a bit of a panic now!!

I wasn't going to drink fizzy pops in case they bloated me although my cousin also said to me yesterday to drink coffee as when he recently lost a lot of weight he would drink cups of coffee between meals to curb the hunger pangs.

Louise I've asked for a bypass, I know I'm not strong enough to make a band work and I enjoy all the really naughty foods like cakes, biscuits & sweets. Sunderland offer to knock you out for the endoscopy, I'll certainly be taking that option as I'm sure I would gag too much otherwise.

Angie, I know all hospitals are different and have different policies but with Sunderland the more weight you loose the quicker they will push you through the system! Their point of view is that they know we can loose weight but it's staying focussed keeping it off that tends to be our downfall. So at Sunderland they give you a weight loss target and if you don't reach it you get put back a stage, are given one last chance to loose it & then if you don't reach your target second time around you are removed from the patient list & referred back to your GP.

Thanks again to all those that replied xx

hope all goes well. I got my weight loss target last week 5kg and next appointment 3 - 4 months at sunderland :)

Deb, I have the Special K diet if I am in need of a weekend boost or go on slimfast replacing one meal a day with a shake...

Good luck! xxx

Back