• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

20 week waiting list/looking at surgery in January

Hollyhunny

5 years of waiting
Hi everyone, my journey started in October 2007 with my GP referring me for surgery,and 2 years later HCW approved funding. I had my first appointment with Bristol Avon Obesity Service in January,now 9 months later I am finally on the waiting list but 5 months more seems soooooo long. I am really upset with the thought of having to keep going on what seems like an endless wait. any tips or advice will be welcome...

Biggest tips i'll give you are:-

1. Stop watching the calendar!
2. Try and do 30 minutes walking every day (doesn't have to be all in one go, you can break it down into 10 minute sessions) as this will increase your fitness levels and help with the recovery process.
3. If you can try and lose a few pounds as this will mean you need less anaesthetic - but if you don't don't worry too much - exercising will do you the world of good xx

It will soon be here ......it seems like it will never happen, the waiting is the worst bit but it will happen :D x

Hi,

I was placed on the waiting list on Tuesday 14th September to have my op in Bristol. I've been told the waiting list is 18 weeks. Judging by how far this year has gone already January will come in a flash... that's how i'm looking at it x

Hi im in a similar situation to you. Its been doing my head in so much. I have my pre op on Wednesday but was told iv got a 4 to 6 months waiting time, that was 6 weeks ago. Iv been up and down with stress for months now as its all i think about. Anyway at least im on the list now and i am so grateful for this opportunity. Think i might be looking at Xmas or January, but time is going so quickly, it will soon be here x

thanks to everyone who replied, I will keep exercising and stay positive. I vow to enjoy each day and not wish away the next 5 months and all the good things this time can and will bring!

Back