1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi I’m looking for info and support please

Discussion in 'General Surgical Weight Loss Discussion' started by emma c, Jun 28, 2019.

1. emma c

emma c New Member

hi my name is Emma, I’m 37 years old and I’m married with two daughters. I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life... I’ve never once looked at myself and been ok with it.
    To cut a long story as short as I can... in 2016 I went to my GP and poured my heart out .. gp referred me to weight management . I had numerous appointments with a dietician , physiotherapy, cbt therapist, exersize classes and beared my soul in each and every appointment. I went to panel after 12 months and got accepted for surgery.
    I waited eagerly for a pre op appointment and was told the hospital had a backlog of patients waiting for surgery I received a letter to say that unfortunately the hospital was ending the contract and I was to go on another waiting list with the new provider...
    12 months later and I was still waiting .. I made a compliant though PALS that took a further 3 months to investigate... stoke hospital confessed that they had sent an appointment to the wrong address, they also sent a discharge letter to the wrong GP. ... after a further complaint to the CCG I now have an appointment with a surgeon on 5th July who will decide if I can have the sleeve surgery. It’s been such a long hard process for me and I’ve battled with trying to stay positive... unfortunately because of this I have gained weight since I went to panel and I’m really worried this will go against me ... I am so nervous for this appointment it’s life changing for me.... any advice would be appreciated ....
    Sorry for the long post
    Emma xxx

Sarnie and Parsnip like this.
  2. Theukpk

Theukpk New Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(31.58%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Band
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Surgery Date::
    12th Feb 2019
    Can we get an update what's going on? Did they agree to do the operation? I hope so as it seems you've been through a stressfull few years .

Sarnie likes this.
  3. Parsnip

Parsnip Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    23st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st2.4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.6lb(8.8%)
    Surgery Type:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr Jain - SaTH
    24th July 2019
    It really sounds like you've been through a lot. I hope your appointment with the surgeon on the 5th was positive x

4. Sarnie

Sarnie Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st11lb(38.02%)
    Surgery Type:
    RNY Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr. P. Jambulingham ~ Luton & Dunstable Hospital
    16th April 2019
    Sorry we wasn't able to help at the time you posted as its only just be approved so we can see it. How did it go?

Bling Babe and Parsnip like this.
  5. Maria61

Maria61 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st8.5lb(39.01%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr Jain Luton and Dunstable
    19th September 2017
    Welcome to the forum and I really hope you have been accepted now. What a mess up you have experienced xx

6. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(48.48%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass