• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm on the waiting list,cant believe it

gbone

I used to be super obese
Just been for my appointment with the plastic surgeon,I was in there 5 minutes he asked to look at my skin(he looked for 2 seconds) and said he would be more than happy to perform the surgery and that I would benefit greatly however theree is a but he said I must go back to my gp and apply for funding ,I then showed him my pct letter saying funding had been approved and he then said I am on the waiting list and should be contacted within the next 2 months(does that mean I will get an appointment within 2 months or will have to wait 2 months then get a date for whenever in the future).

I cant believe I had built this appointment up in my head for months and it was so easy and over so quick.

To anyone who has had this done am I on the way now is that it?,I have the funding the surgeon said he will put me on the waiting list does that mean I am getting the tummy tuck or can it yet go wrong?.

Either way I am having a massive cheat day today,pizza ice cream cakes whatever for once I am having a blow out and I dont give a ****,its like ive dieted for 13 months and am finally nearly there

Last edited:
Anybody at all?.

Did your appointment go this straightforward,every post Ive read says people have had to jump through hoops to get one, I was told to get a bmi of 26,I did that saw the surgeon for 5 minutes and it seems on the way its almost like it was too easy up to now

How long between seeing ur gp to having a letter to say you had funding? am seeing my gp tomorrow to discuss surgery when i get to target.

Xxx

my gp wrote to pct in dec/jan when my bmi was still 29 or so trying to get me funding as an exceptional case,in mar they wrote back saying they would fund but only if my bmi was below 26,I got it to 25.9 in jun the gp wrote to tell them and in jul I got a formal letter of approval for the funding.In aug I saw the surgeon he said yes and it looks as though I could be having it done within 2 months.

It all seems a bit quick to me almost too easy especially the appointment with the surgeon,it was over inside 5 mins

blimey, i have a BMI of 26.4 at the moment was 36.8, but i think ive still got a bit too lose, do i just have to take it when offered or can i wait untill i feel im at the right weight?

Xxx

you can apply when you are ready the 26 is just a guideline for my pct.

My gp applied early because he thought I was already at an ideal weight when my bmi was too high ,as I am quite a solid muscular bloke now(apart from the belly obviously) and a bmi of 26 has me at 13st 5lbs which is lean for me I mean apart from the stomach skin I am pretty lean now ,bicep veins,muscle seperation everywhere else even got my top abs showing alright considering the skin.

The bmi can be a bit misleading but thats what they insisted on so I had to lose the rest as I dont have the money ,and to go from 15stone(where I thought I looked best) to now has been a real struggle.

I mean I am 4lbs heavier than my cousin at the same height but he is classed as more normal weight than me according to the bmi even though my biceps are 4" bigger and my waist is 2" smaller than his.

Back