• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWBIE FROM SHEFFIELD !!!

samvann

Six Month Post Op

hi, thought i better introduce myself as joined this site few months ago, been wandering round it most days since.
my name is sam im from sheffield, im 42, i first started my weight loss journey in april 2011 since then ive done the weight mangement course and managed to lose 9 lb which is an achievement in itself for me:), i attended the weight loss seminar in march, consultant app in apri,l pre op in ma,y and now had my surgery date for 6th june, so all in all its been fairly quick, i would love to hear from people that are having their surgery at the northern general or thornbury by mr patel.

im also trying to quit smoking with champix at the moment i am tearing my hair out and still smoking on day 12 so any advice on this would be greatly recieved also pre op diet...... im dreading it start that a wk on monday so with that and the smoking situation ill be a nervous wreck by 6th june im guessing.

love reading the success stories on hear, hopefully ill be one of those soon.:D:D:D:D

Welcome hun, I'm a bander from chesterfield, there's a couple more on here from Sheffield who will no doubt be along soon! are you a member of the northern Facebook group? We meet every now and again for coffee at meadowhall so if you want adding just inbox me! Good luck!!! X

Hi Sam & welcome. I have been stopped smoking with champix for over 7 weeks now, I stopped day 9 but my OH didn't manage to stop til day 19 and has now been stopped for over 2 weeks. You will feel when you are ready to stop, my nurse said it can take upto 4 weeks, everyone is different. Good luck with the smoking, pre op and surgery :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Sam, My name is Paula and i'm from Nottingham. I'm a pre opper too and I also quit smoking with champix. The first week is the worst. After that it's plain sailing.

Anyway welcome to the site. You'll find lots of lovely kind and helpful people here, to give you advice and help you on your journey. I'm so glad I found it, it's great !! :)

Hi Sam :) I am a Sheffielder :D , had my Gastric Bypass at Thornbury in October & have since lost 7st 5lb :) I should have been having Mr Patel but was lucky enough to get a last minute cancellation with Mr Ackroyd. My route from doctot to op was also very quick. We are VERY fortunate in Sheffield as it a quick process which is not the case in other parts of the country. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know cos I could waffle on all day with useless rubbish :D if so just ask :D:D xxx

I miss Sheffield ;(

I was in sheffield for about 8 years! bit of uni and a bit of just living there. Whereabouts in Sheffield are you? I do come up about once a year - we shall have to meet up when I do this year.

I was in sheffield for about 8 years! bit of uni and a bit of just living there. Whereabouts in Sheffield are you? I do come up about once a year - we shall have to meet up when I do this year.

We are in Chapeltown now after recently moving from Dronfield to be nearer our daughter :) Small world, chick :) xx

Hi Sam, I'm in Barnsley but having my op at either Northern General or Thornburys. I've had my group session so far and I'm meeting Mr Ackroyd on wednesday, which I'm both excited and nervous about. As of yet I've no date for my op, but I'm hoping it will be sometime this year.
Good luck with the stopping smoking, I'm an ex smoker who loved every cigarette I smoked! So I know how hard it is for you.
Em
Xxxxxxxxxxx

Ah, I was more the Endcliffe area while with uni although I spent a little bit of time in manor - don't miss that bit of sheffield - lol. Makes me wonder why I didn't get my bypass while I was up there. Not ready I guess.

Ah, I was more the Endcliffe area while with uni although I spent a little bit of time in manor - don't miss that bit of sheffield - lol. Makes me wonder why I didn't get my bypass while I was up there. Not ready I guess.

Yep, Endcliffe is a studenty area ... my son had a house share there whilst at Sheffield Uni ... & we only lived 3 miles away in Dronfield :rolleyes: they like to be independant, don't they :rolleyes: Don't envy you having to live in the Manor :eek: bet that was a learning curve :rolleyes: I don't even like driving near it, lol. :eek:
Shame you weren't ready for your op then but things happen for a reason :sigh: xxx

Hi Sam, I'm in Barnsley but having my op at either Northern General or Thornburys. I've had my group session so far and I'm meeting Mr Ackroyd on wednesday, which I'm both excited and nervous about. As of yet I've no date for my op, but I'm hoping it will be sometime this year.
Good luck with the stopping smoking, I'm an ex smoker who loved every cigarette I smoked! So I know how hard it is for you.
Em
Xxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck for Wednesday, Em ... he is a pussycat & more importantly, a very skilled, experienced surgeon :D xxx

I didn't know what I was letting myself in for! We were in a tough spot and just needed somewhere. Was horrid. But loved endcliffe. Got my job down south though so we moved.

I didn't know what I was letting myself in for! We were in a tough spot and just needed somewhere. Was horrid. But loved endcliffe. Got my job down south though so we moved.

Needs must, honey :) & a change is as good as a rest :D Hope you are settled & liking where you are now :) xxx

I pass manor to get into the city centre, always cracks me how many people are stood outside the social club come rain or shine puffing away!

It's a miserable place. Where I live now is really nice. But expensive. Miss the rent prices up north lol.

It's a miserable place. Where I live now is really nice. But expensive. Miss the rent prices up north lol.

Yep it is, but it is only a tiny part of lovely green Sheffield ... by the way, hope you are not from The Manor, Sam :eek::eek: could be a rather massive faux pa on our part, Yve & Jo, lol xxx :eek:

ahh thank u for all you replys, not too far from the manor lol, i live at handsworth, i own a pub there.
thanks for all the ex smokers for replying cos i now on day 13 and feeling very sick but still smoking.
a week to go till i start pre op diet so this week is all about having my favs all in proportion of course.
will keep you all informed of my progress.....

sam

ahh thank u for all you replys, not too far from the manor lol, i live at handsworth, i own a pub there.
thanks for all the ex smokers for replying cos i now on day 13 and feeling very sick but still smoking.
a week to go till i start pre op diet so this week is all about having my favs all in proportion of course.
will keep you all informed of my progress.....

sam

Ooooh, which pub, Sam ? Good luck with the smoking :wave_cry: I have never smoked but guess it is a very hard habit to break, honey :) xxx

Back