• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

Oh my that journey is just awful it’s such a long day but they will get less and les soon xxx

My blood pressure was a bit raised when I went, they said they weren't concerned, but I went to doctors today and she also said it was a bit raised, I also wonder if I get white coat syndrome, but I never feel nervous, but at home my BP is always good, so I can't make it out! Keep plodding on with your weight, just as long as you don't gain any you'll be fine.
I too detest the journeys to Luton, I wish they would hurry up an invent teleportation lol x

@Sarnie, my BP does exactly the same! And those blasted automatic machines are always all over the shop with me. When I was taken in to have my BP monitored during both pregnancies, there was never any consistency. One reading would be fine and 10 minutes later it was sky high and then below normal the next.

Interesting thing, they said to me yesterday that the majority of their patients come from the east coast, especially Yarmouth, go figure. So if that's the case... why are they not trying to make it more centralized to the area and move it to Cambridge or N&N!? Ugh. Ah well, like you said @Bling Babe, it's nearly over with now!

@Sarnie, my BP does exactly the same! And those blasted automatic machines are always all over the shop with me. When I was taken in to have my BP monitored during both pregnancies, there was never any consistency. One reading would be fine and 10 minutes later it was sky high and then below normal the next.

Interesting thing, they said to me yesterday that the majority of their patients come from the east coast, especially Yarmouth, go figure. So if that's the case... why are they not trying to make it more centralized to the area and move it to Cambridge or N&N!? Ugh. Ah well, like you said @Bling Babe, it's nearly over with now!
With obesity apparently at epidemic levels I wonder why there aren't more hospitals with speciality units, that would make more sense x

Cambridge would definitely be so much easier x

With obesity apparently at epidemic levels I wonder why there aren't more hospitals with speciality units, that would make more sense x

It absolutely baffles me. And it's the same in the US. A lot of insurance companies either won't cover the cost of the surgery or they won't even insure people over a certain BMI or if they do it's a disgusting amount every month. I think there is still a lot of people who see WLS as purely an aesthetic choice and nothing to do with the health benefits. If that attitude could change and more opportunity given to those who want and need surgery, it could head off a lot of the problems that are now putting pressure on the health system.

It absolutely baffles me. And it's the same in the US. A lot of insurance companies either won't cover the cost of the surgery or they won't even insure people over a certain BMI or if they do it's a disgusting amount every month. I think there is still a lot of people who see WLS as purely an aesthetic choice and nothing to do with the health benefits. If that attitude could change and more opportunity given to those who want and need surgery, it could head off a lot of the problems that are now putting pressure on the health system.
Couldn't agree more. I'm binge watching Fat Doctors on YouTube at the moment. We need more hospitals and surgeons like this and GPs should be giving training from these bariatric surgeons, as generally GPs haven't got a clue and are still in the dark ages with their thinking on obesity. It's all wrong. x

That’s great news hunni congratulations xx

Absolutely right @OkieGirl, very well said xx

Hi there everyone I haven't commented on here for a while but have been keeping put to date with everyone's progress...... :)
@Sarnie my lovely i can't seem to find your milk diet post..... i hope you are doing well. I had my last appointment with the dietician at luton on the 4th of feb (this marked 8 months on teir 3) and she said she was going to discuss my case at their meeting to see if they would accept me onto tier 4 I haven't heard anything yet!!!!! I've called a couple of times and they say they are awaiting a decision?? How long did you wait for them to make a decision on tier 4 and did you receive a call or just a letter with your next appointment???? X

Hi there everyone I haven't commented on here for a while but have been keeping put to date with everyone's progress...... :)
@Sarnie my lovely i can't seem to find your milk diet post..... i hope you are doing well. I had my last appointment with the dietician at luton on the 4th of feb (this marked 8 months on teir 3) and she said she was going to discuss my case at their meeting to see if they would accept me onto tier 4 I haven't heard anything yet!!!!! I've called a couple of times and they say they are awaiting a decision?? How long did you wait for them to make a decision on tier 4 and did you receive a call or just a letter with your next appointment???? X
I was there told when I attended my MDT at Luton that being there meant I’d been accepted for teir 4 xx

I was there told when I attended my MDT at Luton that being there meant I’d been accepted for teir 4 xx
They have changed it since then hun. x

Hiya, good to hear from you Shelley, I had my last on T3 on 25 Oct and got my letter on 1 Nov to say they had accepted me onto T4 x

@Shelly537 Also my diary name has change its now https://www.wlsurgery.com/threads/sarnies-down-sizing-mission.162361/
How have you been getting on. How do you think it went at your last appointment, did they give any indication? x

Aww fab I'll give your new thread I little search :).
Well things have been a little wobbly and I seem to have hit my normal halt losing and gaining the same 7lb over and over somehow need to work out how to break this cycle!!! just need to keep plodding along really until I'll find my mojo agaim o_O!!!!!
My last appointment....... We'll apart from being in and out in 5 minutes it was fine just the normal weigh in with dietician really, as you know I've got to do a year T3 but she said 'I'm going push our luck discuss you at our meeting and try and see if we can get you approved/accepted onto T4 early. I'll give you a call by Friday to let you know the outcome and if it a no we can book you another appointment' and like I say haven't heard anything yet!!!! Maybe I'll give it another week or so and call them again.
I hope you are well, how are you finding things at the moment?? When is your next appointment?? X
Ps can seem to get access to your new thread for some reason which is a shame :(

Last edited:
Aww fab I'll give your new thread I little search :).
Well things have been a little wobbly and I seem to have hit my normal halt losing and gaining the same 7lb over and over somehow need to work out how to break this cycle!!! just need to keep plodding along really until I'll find my mojo agaim o_O!!!!!
My last appointment....... We'll apart from being in and out in 5 minutes it was fine just the normal weigh in with dietician really, as you know I've got to do a year T3 but she said 'I'm going push our luck discuss you at our meeting and try and see if we can get you approved/accepted onto T4 early. I'll give you a call by Friday to let you know the outcome and if it a no we can book you another appointment' and like I say haven't heard anything yet!!!! Maybe I'll give it another week or so and call them again.
I hope you are well, how are you finding things at the moment?? When is your next appointment?? X
I hit a wall between End of November and January, just kept yoyoing, them lost a little, then stopped again then lost 8lb in one week, then last 2 weeks nothing, it's frustrating, we just have to keep trying, I try all sorts of things to get it movings, but I've lost this amount of weight before and then just plateaued, so I'm just trying to at least maintain what I've already lost.Fed up today as got a letter from L&D canceling my surgeons appointment on 15th March, saying now the 22nd March, fuming really, it takes a lot to organize. I have to sort out my work and my daughters cos she takes me, daughter can't do the 22nd March, so I'm in limbo at the moment, don't know what to do.
About your situation, I would phone them up and ask them, just say you were promised a call but you have heard nothing x

With me its normally all or nothing, big gains or big losses so although annoying it's an achievement in its self to kind of keep things stable!!! Thats defo the way be both need to look at it hun :) x
Oh Sandra I really hope you manage to sort things for your next appointment :( maybe give them a call to see if they have a date available that your daughter would be free, so frustrating for you!!! Especially when it's with the surgeon too x
Yeah I'll give them another call tomorrow maybe, just don't want to be a bug :oops: x
Ps I can't seem to gain access to you new thread for some reason which is a shame :(

With me its normally all or nothing, big gains or big losses so although annoying it's an achievement in its self to kind of keep things stable!!! Thats defo the way be both need to look at it hun :) x
Oh Sandra I really hope you manage to sort things for your next appointment :( maybe give them a call to see if they have a date available that your daughter would be free, so frustrating for you!!! Especially when it's with the surgeon too x
Yeah I'll give them another call tomorrow maybe, just don't want to be a bug :oops: x
Ps I can't seem to gain access to you new thread for some reason which is a shame :(
I think at this stage it is more important to make sure we maintain what we have lost, than to lose more and not be so hard on ourselves, easier said than done though I know.
I did call L&D and now it's just all up in the air, just gotta try and work it all out again.
Let me know how you get on after you've called them.
You probably can't see it because it's been moved to Bronze Diaries, not sure if you can move yours to there as well then you will be able to view them, ask Mazda, she'll know xx

I hit a wall between End of November and January, just kept yoyoing, them lost a little, then stopped again then lost 8lb in one week, then last 2 weeks nothing, it's frustrating, we just have to keep trying, I try all sorts of things to get it movings, but I've lost this amount of weight before and then just plateaued, so I'm just trying to at least maintain what I've already lost.Fed up today as got a letter from L&D canceling my surgeons appointment on 15th March, saying now the 22nd March, fuming really, it takes a lot to organize. I have to sort out my work and my daughters cos she takes me, daughter can't do the 22nd March, so I'm in limbo at the moment, don't know what to do.
About your situation, I would phone them up and ask them, just say you were promised a call but you have heard nothing x
Grrrr! SO pissed on your behalf!!!

Back