• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

I just re-read what you wrote. Do you have appointments at different places then? Is that quite common? x

I don't think so but I couldn't do this in a straightforward way. My GP referred me to Dudley trust for tier three which was odd (Derby is nearer and it's all at one hospital) but I think she did it because the aftercare seems superior at Dudley, they REALLY keep an eye on you post op which is awesome and the tier three has been great too however, they donyddo the surgery at Dudley, it could be one of three hospitals apparently but most likely Shrewsbury but the 2 education sessions I have to complete are apparently at Telford... Added to the cofusconf, those who go through Shrewsbury etc do there education sessions and meet the aurgesu for the first timetim the start of their tier three and it's generally very different to going through Dudley which makes things fun lol

I'm here, but don't really have anything to add lol, other than I'm hoping to get my surgery in 2019 xx

I don't think so but I couldn't do this in a straightforward way. My GP referred me to Dudley trust for tier three which was odd (Derby is nearer and it's all at one hospital) but I think she did it because the aftercare seems superior at Dudley, they REALLY keep an eye on you post op which is awesome and the tier three has been great too however, they donyddo the surgery at Dudley, it could be one of three hospitals apparently but most likely Shrewsbury but the 2 education sessions I have to complete are apparently at Telford... Added to the cofusconf, those who go through Shrewsbury etc do there education sessions and meet the aurgesu for the first timetim the start of their tier three and it's generally very different to going through Dudley which makes things fun lol
So everything’s at Dudley except the actual procedure? Oh god that’s all so confusing!! x

Dont forget about me im entering my 6 mnths on surgery waiting list ( thats 26 weeks and still no sign of a appointment) so that puts pair to the 18 weeks my funding went through in may so i reackan they have spent it ...no all im waiting for is a date now ( oh and my lungs to behave there self ) so hopefully ill be a 2019 surgery
Your lungs will behave themselves!! I’m certain of it!! We’re all in this together!! x

So everything’s at Dudley except the actual procedure? Oh god that’s all so confusing!! x
All the tier three and most post op (once iveI been discharged from the hospital I believe). It's just the education sessions, meeting the surgeon and the surgery at other hospitals. Makes things interesting I guess lol

Never a dull moment hey!
How's dad doing? x
He's alright. Mainly age related issues atm. Waiting for his next scan to see what cancer is left before they do a treatment plan but he's good. Thanks for asking x

Just posted in my intro thread but think i should here too.
So my appointment went well today signed my forms, he said there's a chance I could get my date for before Christmas but if not, 2019 is seeing a lot of cuts and Bariatrics is being hit so definitely January and possibly February there will be little to no surgeries. Not sure if this is just homerton or everywhere? x

So I'm all about lists... I love a list and I've decided to start my lists of things I'll need for the hospital and post-op so figured it'd be good place to keep it all as were all in the same boat and those of you sat keeping the losers bench warm for us can add/advise us.

Hospital
PJ's
Sports bra
Chapstick
Phone and charger
Kindle and charger
Windese
Pillow for tummy car journey home
Earplugs
Slippers
Dressing gown
Big comfy pants

Post-op
Medications in liquid form?
Vitamins (suckable/chewable)
Protein powders (likely from MyProtein, although open to recommendations)
Protein drinks (recommendations please)
Small pots
Blender

Other things to do
Measurements before surgery
Photos before surgery

These are just off the top of my head. Please add to it as I know there is loads more but can't rely on my brain, especially with it fuzzy with cold.

So I'm all about lists... I love a list and I've decided to start my lists of things I'll need for the hospital and post-op so figured it'd be good place to keep it all as were all in the same boat and those of you sat keeping the losers bench warm for us can add/advise us.

Hospital
PJ's
Sports bra
Chapstick
Phone and charger
Kindle and charger
Windese
Pillow for tummy car journey home
Earplugs
Slippers
Dressing gown
Big comfy pants

Post-op
Medications in liquid form?
Vitamins (suckable/chewable)
Protein powders (likely from MyProtein, although open to recommendations)
Protein drinks (recommendations please)
Small pots
Blender

Other things to do
Measurements before surgery
Photos before surgery

These are just off the top of my head. Please add to it as I know there is loads more but can't rely on my brain, especially with it fuzzy with cold.

Such a good idea hunni I did the same thing made lists for everything. Definitely measure all your bits :). A word to the wise! I bought loads of stuff that I liked BEFORE WLS then discovered after could not stomach it so don’t buy to many of the protein bits n bobs just in case xx

Take pictures in clothes that are too small if you have any in your wardrobe. Have a piece of paper in the photo with the date as this helps with sorting them later.

For protein powders I recommend unflavoured as the flavoured ones are really sweet and post op you might not be able to stomach it. You can always add flavour to the unflavoured powder afterwards.

Don't make too many meals in advance as @Irene44 says sometimes your tastes change.

Take top and bottoms pjs instead of dresses as this makes it easier for them to check your wounds without exposing yourself completely.

A electric kitchen scale is useful to measure your small portions out post op.

If you do want to record your food try out apps now so you get used to one.

Such a good idea hunni I did the same thing made lists for everything. Definitely measure all your bits :). A word to the wise! I bought loads of stuff that I liked BEFORE WLS then discovered after could not stomach it so don’t buy to many of the protein bits n bobs just in case xx

I was thinking of sample packs alongside plain with flavours added. I have the advantage of my kids being dustbins so even if my tastes change things won't get wasted lol.

Take pictures in clothes that are too small if you have any in your wardrobe. Have a piece of paper in the photo with the date as this helps with sorting them later.

For protein powders I recommend unflavoured as the flavoured ones are really sweet and post op you might not be able to stomach it. You can always add flavour to the unflavoured powder afterwards.

Don't make too many meals in advance as @Irene44 says sometimes your tastes change.

Take top and bottoms pjs instead of dresses as this makes it easier for them to check your wounds without exposing yourself completely.

A electric kitchen scale is useful to measure your small portions out post op.

If you do want to record your food try out apps now so you get used to one.

Lots of good idea, especially the paper with dates.

I was leaning more towards plain with flavourings after reading about it but might invest in some samples of flavoured to try along the way.

I don't have space for excessive meal prep but food doesn't last long with four kids anyway ha ha

I spent plenty of time in hospital with my last two pregnancies to know that top and bottoms are the way forward but tbh, I don't have that much shame left after four kids :rotflmao:

I already weigh out most of my food on kitchen scales and use a variety of apps, mainly mfp but trying to get to grips with the baritastic one... Still not sure about it.

You got this well covered babe xxx

Back