• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

You won’t hun You will smash it babe xx
I hope so. This time next year I'll have my own butt Print in the losers bench cushion x

I was thinking of sample packs alongside plain with flavours added. I have the advantage of my kids being dustbins so even if my tastes change things won't get wasted lol.

Lots of good idea, especially the paper with dates.

I was leaning more towards plain with flavourings after reading about it but might invest in some samples of flavoured to try along the way.

I don't have space for excessive meal prep but food doesn't last long with four kids anyway ha ha

I spent plenty of time in hospital with my last two pregnancies to know that top and bottoms are the way forward but tbh, I don't have that much shame left after four kids :rotflmao:

I already weigh out most of my food on kitchen scales and use a variety of apps, mainly mfp but trying to get to grips with the baritastic one... Still not sure about it.

MyProtein has a 40% Black Friday sale right now so should be an ok time to get samples. I got their protein snacks advent calendar. It's pricey but a different way to do the calendar this year. They have sample packs of the powders and the snacks in stock now. It's usually good to wait for their 40% sale to buy stuff. They have them at least every other month so no need to pay full price with them.

MyProtein has a 40% Black Friday sale right now so should be an ok time to get samples. I got their protein snacks advent calendar. It's pricey but a different way to do the calendar this year. They have sample packs of the powders and the snacks in stock now. It's usually good to wait for their 40% sale to buy stuff. They have them at least every other month so no need to pay full price with them.
Can you add the unflavoured into anything? x

Can you add the unflavoured into anything? x

Yup you can sprinkle it on to anything you like. Lots of people add it to soups, yogurts but I just drink it with milk and coffee. It's really versatile stuff. Only think you have to be careful with is it curdling if you add it to hot things. I find that if I mix it in cold then heat it I don't have issues.x

Yup you can sprinkle it on to anything you like. Lots of people add it to soups, yogurts but I just drink it with milk and coffee. It's really versatile stuff. Only think you have to be careful with is it curdling if you add it to hot things. I find that if I mix it in cold then heat it I don't have issues.x
Ok so, I’m thinking batch cooking and freezing soup. Would I be better to de frost, then add it then re heat. Or after cooling before freezing? If that makes sense? x

Ok so, I’m thinking batch cooking and freezing soup. Would I be better to de frost, then add it then re heat. Or after cooling before freezing? If that makes sense? x

Defrost, then add and mix well then reheat.

Are you going to store your soup in little pots or freezer bags for freezing? Some people go lactose intolerant right after surgery and you get weird changes in tastes so make sure not to make too much of anything. You'd be surprised what your new stomach will tolerate or not.x

Defrost, then add and mix well then reheat.

Are you going to store your soup in little pots or freezer bags for freezing? Some people go lactose intolerant right after surgery and you get weird changes in tastes so make sure not to make too much of anything. You'd be surprised what your new stomach will tolerate or not.x
I have a weird issue with freezer bags so defo little pots.
I make lots of soup anyway so, closer the time, I thought I could just keep a couple of portions of each flavour then see how I go after?
Also, does the powder thicken whatever you’re putting it in? x

Yup, it will thicken whatever liquids you put it in so for soup I'd only add a teaspoon at a time. You can always chuck it in a blender and add some more liquid if you are heavy handed with the powder. Too much of it will alter the taste of the soup though. Its like a powdered milk taste.x

Yup, it will thicken whatever liquids you put it in so for soup I'd only add a teaspoon at a time. You can always chuck it in a blender and add some more liquid if you are heavy handed with the powder. Too much of it will alter the taste of the soup though. Its like a powdered milk taste.x
Thanks for the advice! No doubt I’ll be throwing some more questions out there soon enough! x

I'm glad you asked @MariaMaria83.

Also just realised we're the same age!

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!! Just looking on the My Protein website and there’s not a ‘unflavoured’ listed with all the flavoured samples but there is an unflavoured listed under milk protein, is this the one? x

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!! Just looking on the My Protein website and there’s not a ‘unflavoured’ listed with all the flavoured samples but there is an unflavoured listed under milk protein, is this the one? x
I use the whey isolate unflavoured from Myprotein xx

Back