• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

So I'm all done and dusted. Was in recovery by around 11 but didn't have a bed on the ward until around 3pm and took a while for me to get my bag with my phone back. Apparently it all went well and I'm feeling good and keeping mobile. Am drinking water well and have even managed to swallow a tablet! Will update more later. Excuse the ridiculously fuzzy hair, I hadn't touched it since surgery x

Attachments

• 20190724_150149.jpg
    20190724_150149.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So I'm all done and dusted. Was in recovery by around 11 but didn't have a bed on the ward until around 3pm and took a while for me to get my bag with my phone back. Apparently it all went well and I'm feeling good and keeping mobile. Am drinking water well and have even managed to swallow a tablet! Will update more later. Excuse the ridiculously fuzzy hair, I hadn't touched it since surgery x
Hope your doing okay Parsnip. The hottest days of the year and we have our surgery lol

Yay!!! Are you staying in the night or going home do you know! Least your all done xxx

So happy for you and so relieved all went well, you're doing amazing so far, can't believe how well you look, here's to being a loser xx

Thankyou. What an emotional day. Feeling very sore atm. X
Congratulations, hope you have a good recovery x

Yay!!! Are you staying in the night or going home do you know! Least your all done xxx
Hopefully tomorrow. I expected to be in until at least Friday (because I'm out of area) but they are happy with how I'm doing so fingers crossed.

Hopefully tomorrow. I expected to be in until at least Friday (because I'm out of area) but they are happy with how I'm doing so fingers crossed.
Great news, you're doing so well x

Yay your a loser !! Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench, sounds like your doing really well xx

Thankyou x Cried through most of yesterday but so pleased it is now done. Very sore but that will pass xx
Glad your ok, hope your less sore soon, congratulations on your fdl xxx

Good luck @Charlie Fenton and @Melanie Ogg for your ops tomo! How you two feeling?? Xx

Don't know why I didn't see this? And great, thank you, although struggling with the last day of the LRD due to the heat. Ended up phoning the hospital and asking if I have to have all four soups, as I just hate even the thought of them in this weather, and they said to try my best but as it is my last day and I have done so well then missing a couple won't matter, just need to keep my fluids up. I am a little nervous but not much really, more nervous about after than the surgery itself, but I am used to having surgeries (not like this but had six in total for things like my liver, broken bones, gallbladder etc.) where you have to be put to sleep, so I know what to expect, whereas I know some have never been under general anaesthetic before. The fact I know I am fairly good with it and that hopefully this should help me have less operations in future is what is keeping me going right now, again it is just afterwards that is in the back of my mind. Sounds weird but I almost have a fear that it won't work somehow? Only just a nagging feeling. At least hopefully my liver has shrunk, having lost a stone in just under two weeks, even with coming off Metformin, which I was worried about. No idea how I will sleep tonight though as I am excited and this heat isn't helping -_-

Don't know why I didn't see this? And great, thank you, although struggling with the last day of the LRD due to the heat. Ended up phoning the hospital and asking if I have to have all four soups, as I just hate even the thought of them in this weather, and they said to try my best but as it is my last day and I have done so well then missing a couple won't matter, just need to keep my fluids up. I am a little nervous but not much really, more nervous about after than the surgery itself, but I am used to having surgeries (not like this but had six in total for things like my liver, broken bones, gallbladder etc.) where you have to be put to sleep, so I know what to expect, whereas I know some have never been under general anaesthetic before. The fact I know I am fairly good with it and that hopefully this should help me have less operations in future is what is keeping me going right now, again it is just afterwards that is in the back of my mind. Sounds weird but I almost have a fear that it won't work somehow? Only just a nagging feeling. At least hopefully my liver has shrunk, having lost a stone in just under two weeks, even with coming off Metformin, which I was worried about. No idea how I will sleep tonight though as I am excited and this heat isn't helping -_-
Good luck xx

Your going to do just great, good luck, let us know as soon as you feel up to it that your ok xx

Good luck xx
I know the feeling I’m currently 7lb down whic I know it is t about that but I did expect more, I have a fear it’s not going to work and I’m going to struggle with my weight forever, it’s just the motions of what we’re going through I guess, I’m trying to keep up my fluid intake but struggling my milk intake has gone down I literally could be sick it tastes so creamy now!!! 2 days to go for me! Xxx

Thank you! After a rocky start in which I had a lot of pain and felt very nauseous, I now feel a bit better after some painkillers and an injection to stop the sick feeling, as well as some sleep. Can’t believe it is finally done now!

Well done and congratulations xxx. You will rock this x

Hey guys

Brand new to the site and can see that this thread has been running for a while

Can I ask if the ladies that were awaiting surgery at the beginning of the thread have actually had it yet?

Trying to judge actual waiting times

I'm currently on the list at heartlands

Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated
I've had mine...in March. From first time seeing the consultant to surgery was 1yr 3 months. Everywhere is different though and can sometimes depend on BMI

Back